Anyone else ? ? ??

go to the Rice Spring game? They do have a few “players” on their team. One is their transfer QB. He looked pretty accurate with this passes. Of course, they have their stud receiver, who seemed to get open any time he wanted. Also, on D, #75, nose guard, seemed to be pretty much every where. Sideline to sideline, chasing down RB’s, running backs and receivers. Reminds me of a nose tackle that once roamed the turf in TDECU.

1 Like

Did you just not have anything else to do? Or were you really that interested in their team?

4 Likes

Uhhhhh……it’s Rice.

Should we lose that game, CDH will be on the hottest of hot seats, and with good reason.

3 Likes

riceoroni?

Even the owl does not know.

2 Likes

#75 was going up against Rice. He is only showing he can play at a higher level. Should look for him in the portal near future.

Baby McCaffery will play on Sundays.

Which one was you?
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1647379355398488066?s=20

6 Likes

Sorry, but I can’t imagine why I would attend.

2 Likes

Rice has some solid returning players and decent transfers. We almost lost to them last season so lets not get too cocky.

2 Likes

100%

Better not get too cocky w SHSU either. They loading up n coming to H-Town. :grin::laughing:

Edit: any win next year for CDH is good Win. No gimmies .

2 Likes

YEP! ….and they somehow had enough bodies to hold their Spring Game.

2 Likes

My SO’s great nephew is in his Jr year at Rice. He is #75. He wanted to go to Rice long before he was offered. When schedules permit, we attend Rice home games. We are UH season ticket holders and attend games, even when it is cold and/or raining . . . . . Not fond of the sunlight in September, but I have not missed a down, unless I had to relieve myself, due to old age and T2D . . . . .

6 Likes

Lol people had the same attitudes towards Tulane(loss), and UTSA(near loss). It’s 2023. The gap in talent between the AAC and C-USA has been closed due to the transfer portal. We may be in the Big 12 now, but UTSA and Rice do not care.

Rice is going to give the same type of challenge. No shame in that; rivalry aside, they have a talented team. Glad CDH and the team are taking them more seriously than us fans.

2 Likes

riceoroni? Why is it on cougar football? Shouldn’t it be somewhere else?
Judge Judy wants to chime in.

Cross town football. Still still on our schedule. I’m always intersted in how things at Rice are going. Stepping up to AAC play and new investment in athletics are good signs.
But as Maggard said, “one thing I know is we should never lose to Rice”

4 Likes

We should never play riceoroni. They tried to keep us out of the SWC for years. Fomented with uta so we had to play at their stadium. They have done nothing to help us.

1 Like

Sometimes they have that shaved ice vendor show up.

Other than than literally no other reason.

Does this mean the coaching staff left the bar after happy hour?

2 Likes

N-E-V-E-R lose to the smart guys. Never ever.