Anything happen outside the stadium during 3rd qtr?

There was a huge crowd and a substantial police presence. Anyone know?

All I know is they closed Gate 4 and we had to go down to the gate at the plaza.

Yea, there were a number of fights going on at the tailgate held by the fraternities and sororities in that corner. A few people were arrested. More would have been arrested but their friends did a good job of calming them down.

First time I sat at the very top of the stadium to catch some sun to warm up and the events outside the stadium was more interesting than what was happening inside.

Surprisingly, there were several hundred people at the tailgate. Would have been nice for them to be inside the stadium cheering.

9 Likes

They moved them from gate 2 or are there more there?

There’s a bunch more people farther down as well as closer to the stadium but I wasn’t going to risk dropping my phone to get a more inclusive picture.

1 Like

Gotta establish your dominance out there in Greek life. It’s homecoming baby!

1 Like

Was there a solid student crowd in the stadium by halftime?

Haha, no. About half of the students left at halftime, the rest basically left halfway through the 3rd. Happens just about every game.

When I walked to the garage after the game, lot of police there, but they looked like they were laughing and joking with some students at that point.

I meant if they moved the organized student tailgate area from Gate 2 which is the student gate closest to the COOGS HOUSE landmark to where you took the picture or were there more Frats and Sororities down the walkway to the IPF that i just didnt know about?

There were tents set up for several fraternities and sororities so it looks like they chose to have their tailgate be separate from the one on Cullen. Delta sigma theta and alpha phi alpha are two I noted but I don’t know if that’s their regular place to tailgate, or whether it was there just for homecoming.

I’m not familiar with the coogs house landmark.

1 Like

Anything happen inside the stadium during the third quarter?

3 Likes

Memphis showed why they’re the West leader and ranked #18.

8 Likes

I spoke to a security guard after the fracas had ended. He said it looks like it was a pretty big fight involving a lot of people wearing purple. He said a chair was thrown. Based on what he told me it’s possible it could have between the Greek tailgaters and Memphis fans.

I don’t blame them for not wanting to see that garbage defense.

2 Likes

DC needs to go. He sux.

1 Like

What made me laugh was watching the concession workers leave their posts to run outside and watch.

Priorities

1 Like

By halftime, yes. The student section was all but full. But emptied out after that.