The Final AP AP Poll: #15 for Week of March 14th 2022 - Off to the Dance

Latest AP Poll is out. Tied for #7, with UCLA, 3 points out of #6 behind Purdue.

Poll analysis is here for all weeks.

Looks like it’s time to cancel those subscriptions to the Honolulu Star Advertiser. Stephen Tsai dropped us from #2 to #10 on his ballot. :angry:

4 Likes

Absolutely outstanding coaching job from Mr. Kevin Sampson and his staff. Truly remarkable.

8 Likes

Sinking like a rock!

1 Like

I do expect us to lose a game at some point but at least we’ll be higher up from which to fall since there’s no respect for the AAC .

3 Likes

The target just gets bigger. I suspect if or when we lose a game on the road opponent fans will storm the floor lol.
We have truly come a long ways

14 Likes

Love what they’re doing but makes me think about how much more dominating they’d be if they had Sasser and Mark.

2 Likes

We’d be a serious NC contender

3 Likes

I saw that….wth? We win by 43 and you drop us 8 spots….

4 Likes

We are only 3 points out of the #6 spot….I don’t think even the most optimistic of us thought the team would be at this level after losing Mark and Sasser….

I think the first game or two after losing them was a huge adjustment and they guys fought hard enough to win despite having to adjust on the fly.
The Tulsa game , after losing Shead early, was like getting knocked down in the first round and recovering to take the decision….
ECU game showed they are adjusting to the new game plan and can still dominate an opponent.
I have no idea what the future holds this year but I know better than to doubt these players and staff…I’m kinda back to how I felt before the injuries…. Which is another final four is possible…… just mind blowing how good CKS and staff are now….would not trade them for any other staff in the country.

10 Likes

Wonder if Alabama or Wisconsin lost this week. Could be the main factor in his assessment of UH

I think UH is a legit top 10 team I just worry about our depth going into march. Not sure how deep we could get realistically without Sasser and Mark. Then again I thought the season was over after their injuries.

9 Likes

This is why these guys shouldn’t be voting on anything.

I expected us to be at #8 so I’m not going to complain about tied for #7.

As if the target :dart: was not on our back before…… now we will get every teams beat shot….especially on the road.

I’m sure UCF and their fans will be hyped for Saturday.

The remaining AAC schedule for UH is going to be very demanding. If there is an “off” night, UH will likely lose the game. Protect the home court and go at least .500 on the road? Would you take 9-3 over the final 12 games right now with 3 road losses and be satisfied with 26-5 (12-3) and a 1st or 2nd place AAC finish before the conference tourney?

2 Likes

I put down $100 at 35:1 to win the natty back in November, before losing Marcus and Tramon for the season. fwiw, the same book now has us 30:1.

3 Likes

That Mar. 1, Mar. 3, Mar. 6 stretch followed by the AAC Tournament , then the opening weekend of the NCAA tournament looks brutal, on paper.

2 Likes

Add in Sun, Feb 27 to that as well. 4 games in that Sun to Sun stretch with 3 being SMU, Cincy and @ Memphis but fortunate that 3 are at FC.

4 days off then AAC Tourney on Friday - ? (assuming Top 5 seed). At least with the NCAA Tourney, you will play no more than 2 games in a week unless you are a play-in team.

1 Like

if we play at least .500 ball and secure our at-large status id be happy

15-3 and a likely AAC regular season title would be great

2 Likes

I wouldn’t complain too much about it overall, but I’m pretty sure I would then hate our NCAA seed. my guess is that would drop us into the 5 or 6 seed range since the AAC is down this year.