Applewhite Has Fans

LOL Appletart has ZERO to do with any part of Tua’s game. He was brought there to learn basically. Apple was out of football when Herman hired him. Without G Ward he was clueless. And his recruiting basically extended to the local Chuck E Cheese. Hated the hire, celebrated the fire.

Being I grew up in Oak Forest it was actually called Oaks Dads Club, but I get your point. A couple of future NFL’ers played at Oaks Dads football.

1 Like

I don’t celebrate firing coaches. That means we had a couple of bad seasons for one, and I just have sympathy for guys who get fired. I’m sure he did his best, but he was not up to the task so the firing was justified and I think CDH will do much better when he gets our house in order. I just don’t enjoy seeing people fired. Of course, for LTH I could make an exception.

5 Likes

Well said. I have same thoughts. CMA imo will reach success again as a coach in CFB.

1 Like

Applesauce is one of twelve analysts on the Alabama staff, not a coach. So what role does an analyst serve on a college football staff?

1 Like

Identifying trends and helping the team win. They’re just glorified GA’s, but don’t tell that to some folks on here. They think applewhite is working with the offense in a leadership capacity and responsible for Tua’s uptick in productivity. That couldn’t be further from the truth.

1 Like

I don’t celebrate anyone in the real world being fired but these coaches have golden parachute buyouts so they’re doing better than most.

1 Like

Like renting your Austin home to an already millionaire coach that abruptly left the school you were coaching at. I wish the man well, but there’s no need for a pity party. He’ll be fine if guys like Saban are STILL giving him jobs.

2 Likes

I know that financially, they are all OK. However, I think of the families being uprooted and moving around. I changed schools 11 times, 9 times from the 1st through 6th grade. I was always the new kid and when I was able to make new friends, we were uprooted again. I learned to adapt very well, although I became reluctant to get too close to friends. However, it was devastatingly hard on my sister. My thoughts are more for the families than the coaches.

6 Likes

The assistants are the ones that suffer as they don’t have the huge buyouts and have to try to quickly catch on somewhere else.

4 Likes

Uh, did you even read his email?!? The dude was ready to implement a BAD ASS defense!!! In his own words he is “competitive, tough and resilient” and brings great energy every day!!! Not to mention he was refreshed after a year off from coaching (before UH).

How could you NOT hire a guy with those credentials!?!?!? :star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

Then you need to tell Tilman because I saw him give interviews telling us he elevated DoritoWhite because the coaches wanted him.

I don’t think coaches tell kids where to go, but they heavily influence them in most situations.

Who needs a track record of success when you can send an email like that!!!

I knew we were doomed after that email. Just doomed.

2 Likes

Pa! I found our DC! Read this email…

1 Like

Lolololololol…”Looks like his Ma was a school teacher…fella can’t be all bad”

“Yea Pa…and when they invent the Internet we can go find us an OC…like Mr. Levine down at the Chicken Hut!”

1 Like

We are ridiculous.

1 Like

I gave him credit for the follow up and showing his enthusiasm but was really perplexed as to why he sent something like that from his phone (with lots of grammar issues) rather than from a laptop.

I’m sure Major has fans; his wife, his parents… Well at least his parents.

2 Likes

Ooooooooooooooooooooh!

1 Like