As i stated in another thread

Was it the 1988 game when the longhorn pa was telling us to be respectful of their fans leaving?

We were there, on Dad’s Day.
Those Texas girls in leather boots and skirts were piling out of there in the 3rd quarter.
Glorious Day.

After the game one of the teasip announcers said there were a lot of sad Dads and the other one agreed and said there were a lot of sad Moms too. One thing I do have to give props to UT for that day. They allowed us on the field to for spirit lines before the game and at half time.

1 Like

Once again, Mullins may have not been the biggest and fastest guy in the world but he was blessed with grit and decision making. His dad was a coach so Moon man grew up being groomed to be a quarterback…and he was good enough to be considered the top ranked quarterback in the state his senior year.
He ran the veer to perfection, was a gritty runner who made smart decision and could pass well enough to keep defenses honest…he was the complete package much like Case Keenum…I would take another like either one of them any day of the week…

The Jerry Wizig book, “Eat’em up Cougars!” should be reprinted and made to be required reading for new students. Just kidding.

take the “just kidding” out and I will agree with you. That book does a wonderful job of taking the reader from the very beginnings of UH football to joining the SWC. At that time the SWC was probably the strongest conference in college football.

2 Likes

Living the SWC days would have been awesome but I think we younger Coogs are doing a great job creating a new tradition and history, and it’s kind of like reliving the 60s in a way.