We still have a week to go… There’s going to be a late surge :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Game should draw 50-60k.

4 Likes

Awesome hopefully mostly UH fans, my guess is TT will have 10K

2 Likes

Yes most are UH fans.

3 Likes

That’s not going to be a good look for Tech. We are both interviewing for P4 positions right now.

TT not even having a presence in Houston is not good for them

1 Like

The only thing that won’t look good for Tech will be losing this game. Aside from the venue, this is a home game for UH. Though Tech has a sizable alumni base here in Houston, no one in their right mind should expect Tech to bring more than 10k fans to a game 500 miles from their primary fan base.

And the flip is also true, UH could sell out NRG, but if we lose this game, it really doesn’t matter. Biggest reason might be because the ripple effects of an opening loss to the #9 preseason Big 12 team could mean we’re not as good as we think we are. And then no one will show up at TDECU for the remainder of the season.

6 Likes

Their “primary fan base” might actually be in DFW. If their fans don’t show up, it’s not because of distance.

5 Likes

Exactly we wouldn’t bring 10K to Lubbock lol, this is our home game, if it was in Lubbock I guarantee u they would have 50K in there stadium

Yes, but Tech is under the radar by the PAC and other Power Conferences. If they can’t prove they have a significant fan base in the largest city in Texas, it won’t look as good as proving they do.

1 Like

Agree, they also have a lot of fans in Houston. Comparing us traveling to Lubbock (where the amount of UH alumni probably rounds to zero, lol) to them playing in Houston doesn’t make a lot of sense.

All I know is Tech is bout to get wrecked!

3 Likes

Why all the rhetoric about Tech attendance? This game is being played in Houston. If we don’t show up, then the message it sends to the power conferences about us is even more compelling. Focusing on Tech attendance is deflecting on the real issue…will the city of Houston and UH fans show up to support the home town team at a time we most need to impress the powers that be?

6 Likes

Thank you for posting. Let’s keep the message going and be it loud and clear.
I am also asking that our fans bring banners that we get into a Power conference. Show it, show them for all to see. We want to get into a Power conference? Have at least banners demanding it. You can’t bring them inside? Show them outside the stadium. Any message that we send out/show is a plus and demonstrates how much we support UH into a Power conference.

If there’s a large crowd it’s clearly due to the large UH fanbase… If not, it’s clearly due to the COVID-Delta variant.

Go Coogs!

Let’s sell out this game. What a message that would be. Get all of your friends, contacts, everybody that you know and tell them to get their arse there.

4 Likes

They own the Lubbock market.

3 Likes

I think it has a little impact. Another point to show the Big 12 that they need UH for the Houston market. If Tech has 20k at the game, that is serious fuel to not invite UH. I really wish we could get Baylor scheduled at TDECU in the next year or two for the exact same reason. Show them the 40 Baylor fans that showed up to point to needing us. Even more important might be the tv rating, especially in the Houston market.

1 Like

I agree. I know Houston fans will filled the cage against those Big 12 leftovers.

2 Likes