B12 Men’s Golf Championship

Currently sitting in 4th through three rounds with the final round tomorrow. The 1-3 spots are playing really good golf but unfortunately spots 4-5 are holding us back on the team leaderboard. A top three finish would be great.

3 Likes

T-5
T-5

Lack of depth is a killer. Hopeful one (or both) of the strugglers can step up today.

2 Likes

Well, out of all the contenders, UH was one of two teams to shoot over par today. West Ava was +1 and Coogs were +4. Very similar to how the women performed. Both teams had a shot at a very nice finish but faltered. Coaching is more than X’s and O’s, need to instill a winning mentality. Dave Williams was a perfect example of that. The best ever.
Disappointed, but maybe something to build on.

I caught the last 5-6 holes for De La Fuente on ESPN+. Broadcast was very complimentary, mentioning him being 28th in the WAGR(!) and saying they expect big things out of him in the future. Score wise our top 3 finished 2nd(T), 6th, and 8th(T). The only other teams to have at least three guys in the top 8 were UT(4) and OU(3) and they both finished 1-2 respectively. As I mentioned in my last post we got nothing out of the 4-5 spots and we lose are top 2 after this season. Hopefully they get selected for regionals and make it into the championship tourney.

On a side note, Cincy had a player birdie three of his last five holes to win a share of the individual championship (no playoff). Pretty cool considering this was the last tournament of his collegiate career and he wins his first and only individual championship.

is there a shot at making a regional this year? Not sure what the criteria is to making the postseason in college golf. hope we make it. wonder what this program needs to take the next step

1 Like