Bad times at College Station

I wouldn’t mind having their problems…

2 Likes

I think you mean their money !!!

7 Likes

You are absolutely right about that! I now revise my last statement to read “Could not happen to a more deserving bunch - with one exception!”

3 Likes

Maybe Woodward does A&M a favor and poaches Judas from tu

Baton Rouge over College Station any day. And food no comparision.

5 Likes

Bingo…been both places. Family from Loisians. Mom was born in New Iberia, but raised in Lafayette. And you are correct about the food. Raised on Cajun and Creole food.

2 Likes

Woodward grew up in Baton Rouge and went to LSU. I’d say he has a good idea of what its like to live in Baton Rouge and its better than College Station. I grew up in Baton Rouge as well and I think it was a great place to grow up in those days. Since I haven’t lived there since 1973, I can’t say what its like now; but it is a lot more crowded since so many from New Orleans moved there after Katrina. But it will always have a soft spot in my heart; but I like Houston better than BR and UH better than LSU. I attended both, but graduated from UH.

5 Likes

Nm.

This is news to me and hilarious !!! I live 2000 miles away, had no idea about the boo hoo times in Gaggieland…
Well up yours with a red hot poker !!!
Thank You digitx, you made my day !!!
Go Coogs !!!

3 Likes

One thing for sure…you aren’t going to find boudain and cracklins on the way to College Station like you will find on the way to Baton Rouge…

2 Likes

The place I stop is in Lafayette . I believe it is called “Don’s Seafood”. I was born and raised until 13 in Port Arthur Texas .Then Houston and UH . Port Arthur is called the capital of Louisiana because so many Cajuns live there !

3 Likes

YES - to the max. Don’s has several restaurants in different cities in Louisiana, and all are great! I used to have an uncle and aunt who lived in Longview, Texas. We used to drive all the way over to Shreveport just to eat at Don’s; that was a long time ago, but I’ll bet Don’s is still there and just as good.

1 Like

Don’s closed in Shreveport in 2008.

1 Like

Darn! Shreveport’s loss!

1 Like

If you’re going to Lafayette and like good take-home Cajun food, take an ice chest and try Best Stop in Scott, LA (a few miles east of Lafayette). Best Stop is about 2 miles north of I-10. Think Heberts in Houston, but bigger, and with more variety. I use their Anduille sausage in my red beans. Good tasso. My cousins swear by their boudin balls (too greasy for me). If you can stuff it (chicken, duck, pork chops, etc.), they have it. Verone’s in Lafayette is also good, but you have to drive through town twice, which chews up a lot of travel time.

2 Likes

The best place to eat in Shreveport used to be Ernest’s Steamboat Room, their Lobster Thermador was to die for.

A long time ago - like maybe 45 years - I used to work for a company that had a place over in Baton Rouge. I used to go there to work about once a month, and we used to eat at a Don’s there. Does anyone know if that place is still open?

1 Like

Seems one of Don’s in BR was on Airline Highway. It was a very nice, sit down restaurant and another that was mostly a “carry out” shop. The restaurant in Lafayette was a very elegant, old time restaurant. The one in Beaumont closed many years ago, but had same delicious food. The Don’s in Houston was just fabulous. I hated when it closed down. It was my favorite Houston restaurant . . . . .

Okay…all this talk has me already yearning for our September 19th date with Tulane in New Orleans !!! Can’t wait…

1 Like

Best Stop is the bomb. My go to Boudain place.