Banding together to out-vote Sankey in a new constitution

Actually, though I led teams of engineers and designers, I graduated in Electrical Technology and never got my license which is required to call oneself an engineer. However, back to the original question, I looked up the UHD budget and found no budget for any kind of research. I looked up the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and got the below:

Mission

The University of Houston-Downtown (UHD) Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) supports faculty, staff and students in the creation and dissemination of new knowledge through ethical scholarship, research and creative activities. UHD ORSP is dedicated to providing quality pre-award support, post-award accounting, and compliance oversight for contracts and grants. UHD ORSP will facilitate innovation, increase faculty agency, enrich student experiences, showcase faculty and student scholarly and creative achievements, and find creative solutions to the scholarly and creative needs of faculty to realize the Mission and Vision of UHD.

Vision

Empowering faculty, fostering novel and interdisciplinary research and creative activities, while building a culture of scholarship built on trust, collaboration, communication, and shared purpose.

Contact Information

The UHD Office of Research and Sponsored Programs seeks to support all UHD faculty, staff and students in the research and creative enterprise. Please do not hesitate to contact ORSP staff (orsp@uhd.edu; 713-221-8499) to assist you in your scholarship.

If you would like ORSP to showcase your recent scholarly or creative accomplishments to the campus, please contact Dr. Jerry Johnson.

The above does not indicate any actual research such as in physics, medicine, engineering, science, biology, etc. UHD is not a research college. It is a teaching college and does a good job at it.

You clearly have a problem admitting you’re wrong. Contact Dr. Jerry Johnson and see what he says. How does a non-engineer’s opinion of engineers’ competency in engineering matter? My two engineer kids would get a kick out of that.

Ask him if UHD is classified as a research university. If he says yes, I will agree. BTW, I never commented on any engineer’s competence.

UH main campus had this designation by a US News article (I think) a few years back… It was “The hardest school to receive an A at in the South”.

Classof1926, if you pull this up, it has a list of the universities that are classified as “Research Universities” of which there are 131 “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity” and 135 “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity” universities. UH main campus is an R1 Research University, UHD is neither. There is a difference between a university that does some research and a “Research University.”

When one refers to a university as a research university, one is referring to one that is either R1 or R2.

I think you have taken this one about as far as it needs to go. People can read what you originally said, read my response, read your reinterpretation of what you said, and come to their own conclusions. I’m done. Continue alone if you feel the need.