Basketball parking

Just a quirk of mine…I hate parking garages! I have always opted in the past to do surface parking. However, that is not an option this year. Is there any downside to parking in a non-official lot and just collecting tickets? Have no idea of any possible repercussions, way too late to keep me from graduating!

I agree with you.

I understand the tickets are expensive assuming you do pay them.

Not sure of ramifications if you do not. Not sure if the UH police dept is part of the city of Houston;
i.e., risking warrants ??

More concern is the COVID pricing of $20 per game.

1 Like

I have a parking pass for the garage, would just rather walk further to avoid the garage. Just don’t want to walk out of a game one night and be booted.

I’d be surprised if you got a ticket and not much they can do to you anyway.

1 Like

I got one a couple of years ago. Called them and told them I was at BB game and they dismissed it.

1 Like

My wife parked near the Law Center (wrongly, apparently) a few years ago. We were mailed a ticket that was either $60 or $80.

I told my wife to pay it. She didn’t (and I should have known she wouldn’t). After about two years and numerous, additional letters, UH turned it over to collections. I finally paid it (now $120) a few weeks ago.

So, they can try to collect through a collection service (which I assume can be put on a credit report or reduced to judgment and abstracted or executed on). Also, the ticket was in my name because the car is under my name. If I wanted a transcript or something like that, they wouldn’t get it for me until I paid. Again, I finally relented.

That being said, the garage is not that bad these days. I was out in about five minutes at the Lamar game. If there’s less than 2,000 people in Fertitta, there are probably not more than 500 or so cars in the garage. It sucks getting out of there on heavily attended football games. But not bad now at all.

3 Likes

I always park on the street across Scott. It is legal, faster than the garage and there is a friendly police officer to control the light at Scott to cross safely. Never paid to park for a basketball game.

3 Likes

We visited campus a week or so ago and used the visitors meters in Lot 16. I think there are 4 and 24 hour options.

I’ve always opted out of the garage parking but this year I’m in there with everyone else. Been easy so far.

1 Like

Since our crowds are so small these days we have had absolutely no problems parking in the garage…

3 Likes

I like the garage, it is dry when the rain is coming down. Since I wait to leave until after the alma mater and then a restroom break before hitting the road, a lot of the fans are cleared out. But, I’m a lot more patient than a whole lot of our fans.

1 Like

I have never been known for my patience. :sunglasses:

I’ll take some of that “patience” you speak of.
Right now, please.

1 Like

If I could give it to anyone, it would be my charming bride; she has a definite shortage – especially when it comes to me. :smile:

1 Like

Welcome to my world.