Basketball ticket renewal

renewed this morning online. This upcoming season will be my last one before turning 65 for the following season. Given I live 25 miles away from FC and work my business till 6:30 weeknights I may have to reconsider next season IF this inflation and gas pricing continues at its current direction. Went to store this Am and my station is now at $4.15 gallon for regular. I have an SUV. After attending the baseball game yesterday I may have to consider watching the games on TV instead of making a 50 mile round trip, especially weeknights to attend. So many weeknight games that I have to arrange to leave by 5:515 at the latest to make it to my seat by tip off. Then I open my business at 6 AM the next morning. That makes it tpough enough but now the rising costs have me really thinking about it. That big screen tv and the beer in my fridge sure are looking good to this aging man.

5 Likes

Houston is a tough city to get to the game on time. I assume all cities have their issues, but short of LA and Phoenix, nobody else with similar urban sprawl. You are devoted, hats off to you.

3 Likes

Does anyone sit in section 116? I was curious if this section has the padded/ wider seats compared to the baseline seats. I am hoping I can upgrade to section 116. thanks

I like to have a beer or two during the game. I could buy a case of beer for my house with the money spent on those. Add in having a nearing 65 year old prostate and those 25 miles home can be dicey!

3 Likes

You know your old when you get up and go pee, and by the time you make it back to your seat you have to pee again!

8 Likes

I’ve had this struggle for a few years, and it’s a real issue regardless of your age.

My round trip used to be about 70 miles, but now it’s about 400. :expressionless:

Just renewed my tickets. Really looking forward to this season! Let’s go get that ship!

1 Like

Tickets renewed also

2 Likes

How does the upgrade work? Currently in 115, but would like to move.

1 Like

I called about upgrading. The only sections that you could get a closer seat were 112 to 114, is what i was told.

But those sections do costs more.

If i wanted to change sections, i had to move back a few rows

I moved down to the lower rows in 115 last year and I think my tickets went up $50 over whats in that photo. The seat costs stayed the same, but it looks like CP Per Seat went up $25. I’m in League City (Bay Colony) so I’m pretty far south, and will keep making the trip as long as I can. Granted, I’m 37 and don’t have kids of my own.

1 Like

I called, there wasnt any availability to upgrade my seats. He initially said 112 or 113, but when i was ready to upgrade, he couldnt find two seats together. Bummer

I’m in 116. Was going to call tomorrow n renew n try to move over one aisle to 115. May not be worth it based on you trying to move from 115.
I thk it’s the same price for 116 & 115. I’ll see what they say Tuesday.

When I renewed a few weeks ago there were limited options for upgrade (especially for 4). The blessing of our success is the curse of the lack of seating options.

3 Likes

Very few options to upgrade for a group of 5 unless we want nosebleed rows 19~22… anywhere in the arena

I’m in 116 also, don’t want to move but they increased prices I’m guessing 15 or 20 dollars per seat.

Can’t wait to see what they come up with that first year in the big 12.

I went ahead and renewed my season tickets today. I was hoping to be able to change my seats down a few rows, but none were available and I didn’t want to wait to see if there were going to be others open later.

1 Like

Ordered mine yesterday. Dropped from 4 to 3 and did request a move back to aisle seats if any open following renewals.
Mike you can hold your seats and make a new seat request. You just won’t know until after the renewal deadlines.

Well…I just hit 75 and my roundtrip is 668 miles which makes it pretty near impossible to make every game as much as I wish I could. I honestly don’t know how many more years I can do this both physically and financially. Oh…yeah the beer prices are ridiculous as well in case anyone that can control that is reading but that’s another topic. My hat is off to those of you that live there and fight the traffic on a work night to attend and go to work the next morning. We lived in Spring Branch in the early 70s and buying a ticket for every game was not workable. However, I discovered a workaround. If you arrived at halftime you could walk in like a big brown dog, find an empty seat, and sit down and enjoy the 2nd half for most games with no ticket. So at tipoff time I would kiss my wife goodbye and hop in my truck and drive over to Hofheinz while listening to the1st half on the radio (AM I think maybe KTRH?) There was plenty of free parking across the street on weeknights as well where there is now expensive parking in a garage. Good stuff…

13 Likes

Finally joined the basketball bandwagon. I’ve had football season tickets for almost 25 years, and had baseball season tickets for a stretch in the good old days, but will be a basketball season ticket holder for the first time this year.

Pretty sure my attendance will be the difference that puts us over the edge as 2023 National Champions.

18 Likes