Baylor coach resigns

He’s currently working for UT- Austin Baseball. Not sure under what capacity with David Pearce but I know he’s there after retiring from Pro Ball.

I don’t understand the pro angle either. From what I see the skills needed are:

1. Master communicator
  2. Someone that understands teen psychology
  3. Strong work ethic (recruiting 7 days a week)
  4. Someone that can teach fundamentals
1 Like

Baylor makes the list. (No UH)
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-baseball-The-most-disappointing-teams-who-missed-the-NCAA-Tournament-188209660/#188209660_2

I guess you have to have expectations to perform under them.

6 Likes

You hit that nail on the head, Funk.

And that’s, perhaps, the greatest condemnation of our program.

3 Likes

And someone with in game management smarts….just adding to your list Funk.

2 Likes

The fact that we didn’t even make that list should tell everyone where we stand as a program……

Zero expectations.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/lockedonbaylor/status/1532045985353957376?s=21&t=Ym88X8ozdVYcMcChQ5FyRg

1 Like

Well four of them would be our top candidates as well…… frustrating to say the least.

2 Likes

I guess silence is golden for the current coach. I do believe we need a change. All on the Baylor list work for me.

1 Like

I’d love to see Frank Anderson myself.

Did we ever think we’d get to the point where the sport we’d complain about the most would be baseball? This is a luxury to which we aren’t yet accustomed.

3 Likes

Ugghh!! This is so frustrating to see a future rival already getting set with new direction while we sit with same ol, same ol. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Pez must be ok with mediocre baseball

2 Likes

Baylor hires the McLennan CC head coach. He had a “decade of success at McLennan College and four Juco World Series appearances, one of those being a title in 2021.” “He spent 18 years as an assistant coach [at Baylor] from 1995-to-2012.” Great hire? Certainly a guy who “gets Baylor.”

Done deal. Fans seem to like the hire. They call him Mr. Waco so I guess he will be a good fit for them.

1 Like