Baylor Stadium

They don’t sell beer there!
Terrible venue!

5 Likes

Are you really shocked by that considering the obvious about said host.

4 Likes

Baylor’s stadium the house that Houston fans built

11 Likes

Can’t say I was entirely surprised but I had no warning…
Went to Waco Ale Brewery after the game and was chatting with BU alum about beer being sold at TDECU, and their eyes lit up! … btw this was a spry couple in their 70s! Lol

1 Like

Yeah, all those Astros games that I went to helped Drayton Mclane build that stadium.

11 Likes

Is beer not sold at other Big 12 stadiums?

I’m guessing it isn’t sold at BYU’s stadium.

Again.

Is BYU v. Baylor not the ULTIMATE “Stone Cold Sober” college football matchup?

5 Likes

Well … Baylor fans just don’t recognize each other outside the stadium.

5 Likes

Is it sold at TCU?

Yes and SMU

1 Like

According to USA today these stadiums don’t sell beer this year:

• Army
  • Auburn
  • BYU
  • Clemson
  • Georgia
  • Iowa State
  • Liberty
  • Michigan
  • Nebraska
  • Northwestern
  • Notre Dame
  • Stanford
  • Utah
  • Utah State
  • Washington State
  • Wisconsin

UH is an innovator on offense and beer selling. When we played at the dome we were probably one of the very few college teams that sold beer at games, then when we moved to on campus, we were used to it and so they sold beer at the Rob and now TD-ECU. I remember going to away games and wondering were the beers were.

9 Likes

Beer would help baylor deal with their current season…

4 Likes

Years ago BYU came and played the basketball cougars in our stadium. During that game there was no beer sold. So I’m thinking when BYU comes to town whether there is basketball or football we might not have any beer in the facility.

Was that maybe a post-season tournament?

No regular game with Rose as their coach.

I’m sorry, I thought this was America!!

3 Likes
1 Like

We went to Kansas State last weekend, and they only sold beer in their beer garden. You could not take beer out of the beer garden, and you could not see the field from it.

Half are stadiums that hold a bunch of people. Maybe they know something we don’t and it’s better to not sell beer to get people to actually stay all game in their seats and to take their family and friends or that they know that the pregame was actually better outside.