Bayou Bucket Attendance?

Does anyone know what the reported attendance was last night? I didn’t hear it announced. I have also looked at various box scores and cannot find it anywhere.

10k?

1 Like

28,000 I think.

Chronicle says over 26k

Not enough. Let’s just get out in the open. This where this attendance threads go. Lol.

UH website says 26,253

1 Like

According to Rice’s SID office: 48,427. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jk

4 Likes

I would guess about half of this would be the actual butt count.

3 Likes

Showed up? No more than 12k. Abysmal.

1 Like

Dump this worthless series and start a new rivalry.

Houston fans will not go and watch this.

It looked bad in the stadium I said it had to be the worst attended game there since the series started back up in 2000.

Correction it was 99 when it started back up I forgot that first game against them was when the Rob was remodled to open the 99 season.

1 Like

The last one I was in town for at Rice was Sumlin’s loss to Bailiff. That was an alright crowd but there was suspense for that game.

I’ve attended roughly 80% of the ones at UH.

The Rice game, imo, is a bad investment. I know a lot disagree but I hate this weekend more than all the rest every year.

Hell, start a rivalry game with ULALA or Louisiana Tech. That would be more fun.

My favorite bucket was 2009

73-14

Absolute domination

Was packed 32k at Robertson

4 Likes

ULaLa gets my vote. I’ll be tailgating at Randol’s or Prejean’s! :yum:

1 Like

If I were in charge of scheduling future years in the B12, I would offer home-and-homes to every FBS school close enough to make an easy drive. Proximity drives attendance.
UTSA, Rice, ULa, ULM, ArkyState, NTexas, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane… who am I leaving out?

I took a couple photos end of the second quarter (?). Not great angles but judge for yourself.

Coogs had a large crowd in the visitors side upper deck.

2 Likes

Why would a Big 12 school start a rivalry with a Sun Belt or CUSA school?

Est 40-50 :grin: