Best Chance for a Q1 wins?

No one has more Quad 1 wins than UH at this point

Speaking KenPom, we’re creeping up on a 2-point lead over UCONN

2 Likes

There was a lot of debate about our schedule going into the year. Sampson did a pretty good job turns out he might know a little something

6 Likes

I do give Sampson credit

However our Quad 1wins number is dependent on

*St Marys

*Kent St

Who play in weak conferences, not suffering any bad Ls. Im hoping they dont. But a Quad 3 or Quad 4 loss can drop you 15-20 spots in the NET

And now those Quad 1, are now Quad 2

2 Likes

Kent st isn’t going to be Q1 no matter what. St Mary’s 18 rn all they need to be is top 50 that’s a safe bet

2 Likes

Yeah, too bad Kent was at home and not on the road bc if it was on a road that could have a legit chance at being a Q1

Oregon will was on a roll until the got blown out by Utah Valley, the 25 extra spots from it being a road game will def help us

1 Like

Road Memphis, cincy, UCF should be Q1 so that will help

3 Likes

Remember when we used to worry about this so we would qualify for the tournament. Now we worry about top seeding. I love it!

2 Likes

Yep I am thinking those will be our toughest road games although Tulane and Wichita State could be competitive…

1 Like

Smu a sleeper tuff game on the road they can get hot, they seem to play decent against tuff teams and they will pack their stadium and be loud. Conference play is always different can’t sleep on anyone, especially on the road

1 Like

Cincys gonna need to put in some serious work to get up to Q1 status.

They are already Q1, they don’t have to put in work just stay steady.

Cincinnati is currently 111th in NET

UCF is 63rd

Memphis is 45th

https://kenpom.com/
Cincy is 69 in kempon

I gotcha. But Quad 1 wins are determined by the NET rankings :wink:

Even though i like KenPom rankings better.

2 Likes

Ohhhh I thought Q1 was based on Kempon my bad!

1 Like

Its all good

1 Like

West Coast Conference is a tougher league than the American.

Gonzaga, St. Mary’s, BYU, Santa Clara, San Francisco, and Loyola Marymount are all top 30% type teams.

UCF is trying to become a Quad 1 win for us.

1 Like

The WAC may be a better conference than the AAC!!!

UCF jumped 9 spots in the NET in part cause they blew SMU out by 30+ pts

Memphis, take note of this.

Huge week for UCF. Play Memphis on Wednesday. And at Tulane Saturday. Probably gotta win both

3 Likes