Big 12 Bowlsby meeting with Pac 12 Kliavkoff today

https://twitter.com/max_olson/status/1422591043543965698?s=21

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1422595452709470211

Sure the pac schools want to come to Waco to play muhahaha

4 Likes

Doesn’t really move any needles.
Proves that Bowlsby/B12 is looking at ALL OPTIONS.

Bowlsby has a really bad week and it’s only Tuesday.

He gets raked over the coals yesterday by the Texas senate and today he’s going, hat in hand, to the PAC-12 commissioner, who up until the last few weeks he probably wouldn’t have even looked at, asking for a lifeline.

Yes, it probably makes good sense for some CT exposure for the PAC-12. But would you rather go to Morgantown, Manhattan, Waco, or Houston?

Maybe the PAC-12 commissioner says “Bob, you’re in a tough spot, let me take 3 schools off your hands.”

4 Likes

I think this is showing once again the Big 12 is dead man walking especially with the mouse. A scheduling alliance with the PAC, really is for Fox purposes only.

I wonder if any “scheduling alliance” would interfere with the annual ND v. USC matchup.

Annual ND and USC/Stanford matchups*

I think he went to LA to apply for a job. He was a defected yesterday.

My question is why Aresco hasn’t already done this?

How do you know he hasn’t? Legit question…sometimes much more valuable to work behind the scenes. Keeps you opponents guessing.

1 Like

I doubt the PAC would want it to be honest. Outside of games in the central time zone, games against the XII or AAC teams don’t really help them.

Times have changed but the PAC/BIG initially was going to do something like this but the 9 game conference schedule and the USC/Stanford games with ND got in the way.

I don’t know he hasn’t. I should ask it differently. Why isn’t there a scheduling alliance between the two?

1 Like

Ok what I am proposing is Stanford versus Kansas State. No?

Ok how about USC versus Iowa State? Ok your not keen on that one either.

Ok picture this UCLA v Baylor. UCLA is Hollywood and Baylor is near the Alamo sorta. The Alamo with John Wayne was a good flick right? Ok passing on that too.

OK Washington versus Texas Tech. Both schools and areas have high incidents of STDs, that has a hook right?

Cal v TCU, Bay area v Metroplex, Silicon Valley v Silicon Breasts… come on work with me.

4 Likes

I have been saying this privately…the ones who are screaming the loudest, and announcing “meetings” are the ones who will be left out, and they KNOW IT…

I would bet my last dollar that Renu and Tillman have been in constant contact with a dozen powers (commissioners, tv execs, college presidents, etc)…

It’s so very quiet…for a reason.

9 Likes

By the time those schools popped up on Pac schedules they’d (remnants) be in our conference anyway. Go ahead and schedule them.

2 Likes

The news in PAC 12 world is a possible scheduling alliance with The Big 10.

Arizona, particularly, is loaded with Midwest snow birds and permanent transplants.

The Rose Bowl matches those 2 conferences.

You are seeing professional courtesy from their Commissioner, who already said, last week, that expansion is controlled by their Presidents.

1 Like

Exactly…next week, Bowlsby won’t be able to get a game of Jacks…

Waste of time just like yesterday

The alliance will be all dandy until the PAC-12 invites Houston to join, now that they would be able to schedule some games in texas.

1 Like