Big 12 looking for American Athletic or Conf USA Opponents?

Not too much meat in the article, except that BYU is not looking to play Big 12 opponents. Understand we are at 11 games right now, assuming we still play BYU in Provo. It sure would be nice to pick up a game against a Big 12 team!

All those TX teams in the B12 and they won’t reach out to Houston, watch. Perhaps TT will. They will go after Rice, UTSA, UTEP…

1 Like

Reference Tech, I’m sure NMSU is looking for games, since they’re an independent. I’m hoping the American will stick with 8 conference and max of 3 non conference games. Looking at the number of games the P5 conferences are scheduling, I would be satisfied with 11 games.

1 Like

They need to play some cupcakes to offset all those tough games like Kansas, KSU, Iowa State, etc.

6 Likes

Iowa State does not deserve this slander.

OU and OSU might avoid teams like Houston who really want to win…might ask a school like Rice to get a sure shot easy win.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be in favor of allowing any Big 12 school inside Houston city limits

2 Likes

I would. Kick their tails so they don’t return!!

I think it’s essential that we schedule non conf games against P5 opponents, regardless of which conference the team belongs to. Especially if we can bring them to TDECU stadium. Example, why not play Okie Lite and Baylor in a home-n-home series. There are so many alumni in the Houston area, it would guarantee a nice turn out.

1 Like

Joe, since we had such success against Ok. St., they don’t seem to want to play us anymore. As of now, the only B12 teams that seem willing to play us are TT and Kansas. Riley said if they had known we were going to be as good as we were in 2015, they wouldn’t have scheduled us, so I don’t know if they will be willing to play us again. Of course, all that could change and is only my observations.

3 Likes

I’m sure the University of Southern Mississippi who I believe has open dates and is in Conference USA would be extremely motivated to play a football opponent from the Big 12.

1 Like

I miss Southern Miss and wish they were included with the AAC. What a good rivalry.

1 Like

Southern Miss you say… Cusa championship game 2011

3 Likes

Well, CUSA Championship 1996 at Robertson Stadium :stadium:!!

Please don’t mention southern miss on this board

4 Likes