Big 12 / Pac 12 / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 1)

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1542599158057406465?s=20&t=HL4tw_fCRUdZOwmIypeogg

14 Likes

Here we go. Buckle your girdles.

6 Likes

He’s speculating, is all.

1 Like

As my wife says, “Gonna need two sports bras for this adventure”

11 Likes

“sources told…”

My how has the worm has turned gone from. Being seen as the weakest Conference to possibly the 3rd strongest.

3 Likes

Craig Smoak to Colorado: “screw you! you left us! we’ll call you later.”

lolololol…college football is about butthurt

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1542621304691384320?s=20&t=qsTM6AUkeD5VlVRfriiC0A

Can we formally apply too and just see what happens? Lol

15 Likes

No doubt! “you get an invite! you get an invite!”

2 Likes

Should know pretty soon which conference is doing the raiding between the Big 12 and Pac. I don’t think this thing can stretch out long.

3 Likes

Key for PAC survival is keeping UW and OU. If they leave they have no choice except to merge

3 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

They gone…no way the B1G West expansion only includes two schools in Southern California. Oregon and Washington gives them all 3 West coast states…book it!

Big 12 adds Arizona, Colorado, Arizona State and Utah.

PAC adds MWC teams (SDSU, Boise, UNLV, etc.) to the few leftovers just as the Big East did a decade ago.

5 Likes

I think a full merger with the remaining 8 PAC schools to the B12 happens before they accept backfill of MWC schools.

3 Likes

They don’t have the leverage…WE DO…if UCLA, USC, Wazzou, and Oregon leave.

That would leave:
Washington State
Oregon State
Stanford
Cal
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Utah

We take the 4 to WE WANT to get to 16…

The rest become the Big East part 2

3 Likes

Bowlsby texting Kliavkoff and Yormark…

You good?”

6 Likes

Sure, I agree we have all the leverage but I think if it Oregon and Washington are gone as well and it becomes clear that the PAC as a brand is done-zo then they might hold fast together as a remaining 8 and offer themselves up as a package to the B12. Which I wouldn’t really mind. I think our initial thoughts are that we take 4, but we might also take 6 (Stanford is a good brand to have and it opens up Cali to us for brand exposure). Who get’s that 6th spot?

1 Like

IF Oregon and Washington leave. If they don’t it’s a close call. Washington has been down for a few years, but they went to the Rose Bowl in ‘18, the Fiesta in ‘17, and the Peach (CFP semifinalist) in ‘16. I’m not sure the Big 12 has a program with the brand of udub or Oregon.

1 Like

I wouldn’t outright dismiss a merger making this a 20 team league. 20 team super leagues are apparently a real thing now.

2 Likes