Big 12 / Pac 12 / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 1)

Well, it’s like Rutgers.

The B1G hasn’t really made them relevant in football.

But they are perfectly cool with being irrelevant…AND rich!!!

3 Likes

Yes but they were already irrelevant! Not so Arkansas

It was also a much bigger prestige jump going from AAC to B1G - and in a time of move up or die that all smaller conference teams are worried about now.

Arkansas has always been relatively safe from having to worry about being left behind

1 Like

Frank Broyles also said that the only reason Arkansas was looking for another home was that Arkansas knew that Texas and A&M were looking to move. He didn’t want Arkansas to be holding the hot potato when those teams left.

3 Likes

Hahaha, no they wouldnt. But dont worry, eventually they will probably be added.

I grew up in Arky. I will tell you the hatred for the univ of ____ is visceral. They despised them and still do.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/status/1618002845051277312?s=20&t=672bqtqR216wPrPBPWevHQ

I’d be ok adding SDSU IF we get 3 other PAC schools and we have a plan to expand with 4 more ACC schools when the raiding begins, say AZ, ASU, COL + SDSU.

Under that scenario, we can afford to absorb another G5. Better than grabbing another AAC G5

SDSU fits with the new look of the Big 12- large public city schools in important markets.

With that said, the 4 corners is the first option. this is just if/when Utah plays hardball or if we don’t want both Arizona schools.

Then we expand further East with the 4 best ACC schools on the board.

1 Like

Curious, but why do you say that? It would not be based on win/loss records.

Sounds like the pac is dragging it’s feet as usual and San Diego st u is frustrated but the big12 isn’t going there soon. This is typical of why the pac sucks. They are so uppity they will sink before doing reasonable adds. So glad we took the big12 route.

6 Likes

Only way I see SDSU is if BigXII does not want to double dip the 30th most populated state.

I agree…why do we need Utah if we already have BYU.

Arizona and Arizona State - yes because that is a more populated state with growth still happening.

San Diego may be the better long term add than Utah.

They are a P5 worthy G5 that has been blocked due to politics, like us.

IF Utah plays hardball…I’d add:

Colorado
Arizona
Arizona State
SDSU

Then 4 Eastern School when the AAC gets raided
Most likely we can pick from:

Notth Carolina State
Miami
Georgia Tech
Pitt
Louisville
Virginia Tech

We WILL have 8 strong additions to get us to 20

I see a P3 of 3x20 school conferences

If the ACC gets raided by the SEC, who do you think the SEC will take?

We can look it at from a “business anchor” point of view.
Duke and NC for basketball
FSU and Miami to “lock up” Florida
V and VT
That way they control and cement the East Coast.
It also “pushes” the big10 to more of a central time zone conference.

Clemson and FSU will both go to the SEC.

Possibly UNC as well, though that’ll be a cat fight with the B1G.

UVA will go to the B1G.

there was a big rumor in the summer that UNC and UVA will instead go to the SEC with Clemson and FSU.

North Carolina
Clemson
Virginia
Florida State = 20 school SEC

B1G adds
Washington
Oregon
Stanford
Notre Dame = 20 School B1G 10

Big 12 adds (4) of
Colorado
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State
Cal
San Diego State

PLUS 4 of:

North Carolina State
Miami
Pitt
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Virginia Tech = 20 School Big 12

I can see a scenario where the left overs are absorbed and we possibly get to a 3x 24 conference settup with the conference divided into two 12 school halves and maybe a few G5s get the bump up.

Basketball only schools or low Football investment schools will go to the Big East or a conference like that…i.e Duke and Syracuse

I think we are moving toward the super confence model because they are easier to regulate, create more premiere matchups, and streamlines the deal with the networks.

It creates a true major leagues of college

1 Like

UVA and UNC’s AAU status and academic profiles make them better institutional fits for the B1G.

Possibly GaTech as well.