Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

I currently think that is the least likely option but he is lying if he thinks the chances are 0%.

SicEm365 league exposure article is out. Also looks at multiple PAC scenarios.

https://twitter.com/Baylor_S11/status/1673710467565379585?s=20

3 Likes

I agree it would be very good to have fans from other Big 12 schools on our Board discussing the possibilities of expansion.

1 Like

Good read.
" Is The Big 12 To Expect 39% Streaming And To Be Way Behind The Other P5’s?

No. Not close to that. A few things need to be considered here."

2 Likes

As much as I am not a fan of anything Baylor, they do put out some well researched and well written articles on the sicem365 site.

9 Likes

Wilner isnt trying to be honest right now. He is saying anything he can to save PAC 12. I am sure all he says, however untrue, is with blessing of PAC 12 higher ups.

4 Likes

I am really liking Tramel with The Oklahoman. His sports writing is at a much higher level than most anyone I can think of. Kinda like John McClain back in the day.

He really does his due diligence. I learned a lot about UCF in this article. Learned a few new things about UH in those articles.

5 Likes

SicEm365 is one of the best channels to watch (Youtube) for B12-leaning general college athletics news, as well as pros. They are based in Waco and do talk Baylor, but it is about 10% of the content. One of the great finds for me since we joined the B12. They’ve had Penman, Duarte and several coaches from UH on their show. Highly recommend

15 Likes

Blast from the Past as we wait for July 1 & the Big 12

Keenum to Edwards during Homecoming v. SMU 2009 (Coogs win 38-15)

Sequence is clockwise from top left (click to embiggen)

10 Likes

Wow, one of my all time favorite wins! Spectacular win in all respects.

2 Likes

I dont know, lets not let in any of the riff raff. :wink:

2 Likes

My all-time favorite home win in the modern era was Tech. That game was nerve-wracking. And satisfying.

2 Likes

…and that was easily the best tailgate scene on campus in recent memory

4 Likes

Another flashback — from the '09 So. Miss. Shootout on Halloween — Coogs win 50-43

(click to embiggen)

6 Likes

Monty
“This is some of the stupidest stuff I’ve ever heard.”
Canzano
SMU will “Buy In” to PAC 12 by paying off Comcast debt (@$70 million) and take NO $ the first year.

AAC Buyout also?

Canzano ! What is he talking about ?
Comments are fun.

Smoaky lets PAC have it over SDSU in no man’s land.

I think I am starting to think the PAC media deal has been finalized awhile ago, but they are keeping it secret to see how stupid the sports writers can get with their predictions. Keeping all the ADs entertained until the end of June.

3 Likes

You act like their media deal will be good…it wont be…When Colorado jumps in first part of July, wait to see what happens next…going to get crazy…Pretty sure Matt Hayes isnt wrong…He knows too much…

1 Like

Sad if you have to buy your way into a conference instead of just get invited because you’re a respected program.

That being said, saw this article…

The Pac-12 expected to determine the fate of the next realignment wave

Part of the article:

We’re gonna see a lot of movement since the Pac-12 media rights deal is sort of all over the place — we’ve seen Apple kinda go away, we’ve seen the CW kind of go. The Pac-12’s a big-time mess right now, due in large part to Larry Scott, the former commissioner who really sent this whole thing into a spiral 10 years ago.

Sallee also touched on the fact that if the deal doesn’t come together or isn’t what the programs hope, it will create another wave of realignment at the Power 5 level.

2 Likes

70 million, plus a buyout, plus no money the first year.

Add SMU to B12. You cannot be that stupid.

1 Like

Say what you want but Larry Scott didn’t make UCLSC leave the conference. Those schools knew the next media deal was a short time away. They left because, like everyone else, they were motivated by greed. They would have gotten a more than decent raise but hell no!

And this fraternal effort to not fault Kliavkoff is amusing. He was duped by the Commissioner of the B10. Duped by the president of USC. And out-hustled when Yormark jumped in line and got a deal ahead of him. He’s an unmitigated failure.

Nice person but bad commissioner.

4 Likes