Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

Yes, that is called hedging your bet but again, the outcome isnt in their control like it would be if they had said nothing or just sent an inquiry

1 Like

I think one question to consider is if the MWC would force the issue and vote them out. That would be foolish, but never say never.

Perhaps not the best analogy, but if your spouse came to you and said, “I’m thinking about leaving you but just want to make sure it is going to cost me as little as possible to do so” would you tell them to take their time to decide when the time is right for them or just acknowledge it will happen sooner than later and end it now?

1 Like

I’d kick 'em out and and start the divorce.

5 Likes

How many would go into “full reconciliation/counseling” mode?

The thing is, though, if I were the MWC, I need SDSU in my conference, as they have been a good “face” of the conference. Tough for both parties.

2 Likes

Pay me an extension fee.

“Yet a marriage is also a legal and financial partnership . Like partners in a small business, married couples must manage money, make joint decisions, and communicate with one another about dozens of day-to-day issues.”

Those are not my words. A simple search confirmed what I already believed.

Perhaps not an exact analogy but pretty close. I will say I was in business development for 40 years and I was taught to never do just what was right for my company but to consider the customers needs and what is also right for them. Looking for win-wins is the best way to develop business. My guess is SDSU doesnt give a flip about the MWC as much as they would like to join the PAC so they are self serving in their motives. OK, maybe not all bad but they need to pay the consequences for making decisions.

SDSU’s formal unofficial resignation letter to the MWC.
:rofl:
https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/status/1673380847767126019?t=9BFXrpVo8O4JqoLUATH6ww&s=19

Did this get written without talking to the university attorneys? Sure looks like a notice to depart to me. They better hope the PAC-12 or Big XII comes calling, otherwise, they appear to be orphans.

3 Likes

SDSU’s official resignation letter to the MWC

8 Likes

That’s definitely a terminate without pay. They don’t even have a plan yet

We have not had many, if at all, Cincinnati Bearcat or UCF Knight posters. @BYUcougarfan has come on strong.

Still too early?

All by myself, guess they just don’t love us. Our discourse is too high brow for them :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Swaim and others love being the villain.
If they add PAC teams 2 B12 its going to be vicious from the start.

Wilner refuses to even mention possibility that some schools might leave in his 6 scenarios
Dreamworld down in Cali right now

5 Likes

If I were them I would say that isnt a signature at the bottom. It says “just kidding” in very poor handwriting.

2 Likes

I am not sure what you are referencing, sorry, but I am grateful y’all let me post. There aren’t many Coog fans in Utah so it’s nice to connect to coog fans otherwise.

I have been here since October of 2020. I know many here don’t like me, but I do cheer for Houston whenever they aren’t playing my Cougs.

I’ve loved watching the QBs through the years. Keenum and Tune in particular. I am hopeful for Donavon this year.

Go Coogs!

Edit: here is my first post So BYU is the dirty team? - #27 by BYUcougarfan

17 Likes

Wilner went from being the respected elder statesman of Pac12 sports to a regurgitative public relations tool for Kliavkoff. It makes him look like a propaganda device.

1 Like

It’s all good @BYUcougarfan. I enjoy other fans postings, as long as they are respectful. Diversity of views makes CoogFans entertaining. Your content adds value. My only point was a seeming lack of Cincinnati and UCF perspectives on this board.

2 Likes