Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

Come on. It’s still important. The.entire pagentry doesn’t rely on you graduating from Yale. I guess that I am surprised people don’t get this. There is no money for nothing. You must have clicks/channels to score popularity.

Some of you may not appreciate it, but it’s there. Apparently the PAC 12 people did not.

Virginia, virginia tech, NCST, Georgia Tech (GT)?

Hows that sound for academic, sports?

1 Like

We need to get Notre Dame on the schedule.

1 Like

I think Virginia is going to BIG, probably with Va Tech, UNC, Clemson. I think that gets them to 20. I still think they add Stanford and Notre Dame in time.

Florida State and NC State end up in SEC if State can break off from UNC. Not sure their program totals. Might need to add another couple, and that’s where Miami and Ga Tech gets interesting.

When is the last time nc state won anything in football? They bring big crowds though. I don’t know why.
They beat notre dame in the gator bowl in 2003. Wow

They unfortunately beat our “Phi Slama Jama” :pleading_face:

"$31.7 million a year per institution if the league could achieve 1.7 million subscriptions… possible payout of $50 million per year for every school for 5 million new subscriptions.

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/big-12/arizona-state-ad-i-promise-im-not-going-to-morgantown

Hold up

OSU and SDSU for discount!? Hope not

https://twitter.com/jasonscheer/status/1688364287008575488?t=50WrTa3dH9NPE8U-Ojhlvw&s=19

1 Like

The narrative keeps shifting with this stuff. Before, all I kept hearing was that there would be 16-team conferences. Now that the Big 12 looks a bit more stable, the new narrative is 24 team SEC and Big Ten. It’s funny how the goal posts keep getting moved in this drama.

3 Likes

Enough already.

No more schools.

3 Likes

Woah that is an interesting pairing. Wonder why either of those and not Stanford. OSU can’t accept that offer since traveling to other B12 sites is too much for student athletes per their AD lol.

So this guy is insisting that he won’t play at certain places? What’s up with that? Wasn’t ASU handed a life raft?

2 Likes

If Yormark is talking to them then it’s time to reign him in.

1 Like

I think Scheer is alright but he’s not above a little BS.

I am not for that, and I have confidence that all Big 12 presidents / ADs would be against it too.

Not worried.

Big 12 is probably talking to a few schools already for when the Big 10 and SEC make their move. BTW, 24 team conference sucks but our Big 12 Comish needs to play the game to stay in front.

2 Likes

I had a similar thought, now that Arizona is in the his his moment in the spotlight is over…how plugged in is he outside of Arizona? Is this a little something to keep his name trending?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Yormark hasn’t already had conversations last week with Wazzu, OSU, Stanford, Cal and SDSU.

Whether he’s the one reaching out or not is the question to ask.

I still don’t think we should add anyone unless it’s Stanford and Cal.

Has anybody noticed the “sun belt” is growing and the “rust belt” is dying?

1 Like

As long as his checks don’t bounce he will find a way to overcome his objections. If not, he can quit.