Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

Glad I have two alma maters on the list!

Judging UH’s NIL performance currently is like predicting the outcome of the baseball game in the 3rd inning. NIL activity will pick up once UH gets some B12 games under it’s belt and if UH wins a few, especially as underdogs, excitement will build. I think a lot of business owners are holding on to their money until the season starts.

The biggest UT fan at my church went to Southwest Texas, now Texas State. He supports financially as well. Yep, T-shirt fans count.

4 Likes

That’s embarrassing…

Let me root for the school that gets an unfair advantage on state funding while my alma mater, the school I actually went to, continues to be underfunded.

In top of it, he is contributing his disposable income to that school…not his

11 Likes

Word. Even if you wanted to go to the other school to begin with, you didn’t, so either spend money on where you went, or don’t spend it at all.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

Plus, he is hurting his own school.

Texas State has a large student body but they just don’t care. Perhaps, UTSA has stolen their spot in advancing up the G5 ladder due to lack of fan support at TxSt

I know a few UTSA alums that HATE UT- Austin with a passion.

1 Like

imagine the mental gymnastics going on inside that dudes head lulz

2 Likes

Well, it’s no different than my multi-millionaire law school classmate Tony Buzbee giving millions to aTm’s new law school instead of to the law school that he graduated from, and which has helped him make his millions.

8 Likes

Let’s call them what they really are.

1 Like

I know someone like that also. He attended UTPA in the RGV but contributes to aggy.

1 Like

Umm, Don Sanders went to Sam. He’s given a ton to UH.

Stones and glass houses…

5 Likes

Exactly :100:. And Uncle Tilman didn’t Graduate from UH. Uhhh ohh.

Ok back to Isolation. :upside_down_face:

Front runners

Texas State has been, when they were Southwest Texas State, and always will be, a party school.

3 Likes

UTSA’s play is to be an unofficial pro team in their market like Boise, Louisville, UCF, etc… Neither has a ton of fan support right now IMO. Question is who will develop it and the population around San Antonio and lack of football options around there helps them. Texas State is literally less than an hour from UT’s DKR stadium. Casual residents & local sponsorship upside is different there IMO.

Their brand is minimal (only a decade of football and most of that hidden by CUSA’s awful tv deals during that time.

They and TSU are both minimally known TV brands (TSU has been FBS as long as UTSA has with similar tv appearances) so from that standpoint it makes sense for the AAC to try and develop and expansion target as the Alamo city’s team if they can.

1 Like

The SA Brahmas have the 2nd best attendance in the XFL. It’s a football starved town so they are ripe for developing a good fan base.

2 Likes

Texas state students don’t care - I’ve been on campus for a home opener and they were worried about going to Austin

They are a place for folks to get away but close to UT

1 Like

It really is baby UT.

1 Like

They really are Texas State University, I am calling them what they really are. They really used to be Southwest Texas University.

It’s just like Texas A&M University is really their name now and they used to be The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas.

We used to be Houston Junior College, but now we really are The University of Houston.

3 Likes

All I can say about Texas State is that they have more than their fair share of really pretty girls.

1 Like