BIG12 Rivalry with BYU

Well, I meant that the fans show up wherever the team plays. Not sure how many make the trek from Utah for regular season games that are 1,400ish miles away, but their fan base is pretty strong in nearly all major markets except maybe the northeast.

Blue outnumbers red. Appropriate social distancing.

Nice photo of about 20% of the stadium. Funny that you think that proves you right. I’m in section 128, and literally see myself in this photo, although, like the scoreboard, I’m not that blurry in real life. As I said, by halftime I was surrounded by a sea of (undistanced) blue and left after our first drive in the 3rd quarter.

BYU is an outstanding university with a great law school. Every year the law school promotes a national storytelling competition. They invite competitors from all the American law schools. It is very competitive. Two years ago I encouraged one of my students to present their story and they were selected as one of the finalists. She got an expense paid trip to Provo, upscale functions at the BYU campus and presented her story on the university channel.
My student was fairly typical of U of H Law Center-a hardscrabble family whose daughter had succeeded against the odds. I doubt she had ever flown before. I appreciate the fact that BYU gave this young lady such a unique opportunity.

4 Likes

BYU’s law school is first rate.

Their university’s research (R2) is well behind UH’s though.

2 Likes

The man, the myth, the legend…

SCOTT STERLING!

1 Like

BYU, Baylor and TCU are all R2 because they put their emphasis on undergraduate and Masters level studies and not research. They are highly regarded for their undergrad academics…

3 Likes

I believe BYU and Houston were the main pieces for this deal,
The Cougs for their brand and the Coogs for the market.

1 Like

Rivalry’s news for BYU would be against Iowa state… not UofH…

You attract more fans with more dorms…it’s a simple formula

University has more than tripled the number of dorms on campus since 2000. Attendance has only marginally increased in the span. So I think your formula may need some tweaking.

1 Like

Nothing like a “cathouse”.

I was reading through this thread and got lost on this post. What do you mean or are replying to with BYU and Iowa St? Curious.

BYU = Accounting Powerhouse

Deloitte funded

We also increased student participation substantially around that time. We started filling the entire bowl around the EZ

1 Like

I propose a new trophy rivalry game.
The Cougar Cup!

5 Likes

That’s actually pretty cool. Or

Cat Cup I…II…

Okay @Southernblueblood, let the rivalry start.

A real Cougar takes the red pill.

6 Likes