Boom! Carter Jenkins commits to UH

https://twitter.com/NewEra_CJ3/status/1739496547958620364

https://247sports.com/player/carter-jenkins-46129501/

Yes, he’s Parker Jenkins’ brother.

20 Likes

From what I read on here he’s a PWO… NIL game must not be too bad…

2 Likes

Anchors Aweigh

2 Likes

Already a thread

If he had offers from Ole Miss and BC, he should be P5 material. I don’t think he would turn down a scholarship to walk on. Of course those others offers may have also been for PWO.

N.I.L…

Perhaps he wanted the opportunity to play with his brother and in front of his family. Maybe he has enough confidence in his ability that a he’ll earn a scholarship down the road.

More power to him.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t really consider him a boom.

I would, anyone committing to the Coogs should get a boom. Some of our good players were walk ons and earned their scholarship based on what they did at UH and not in HS. Some of our scholarship players didn’t do squat.

23 Likes

I don’t disagree with your points, Mike, but are you equating a walk-on commitment with a 5 star commitment as a “Boom”? On these fan boards, I venture to say that we get much more excited about a 4 star than a 1 star, hence, a “Boom”.

1 Like

A walk-on whose brother is our star RB is a “BOOM”!

12 Likes

Are there any more Jenkins athletes in the family pipeline? I have a handful of BOOMs in my inventory to distribute.

8 Likes

And may have been a major reason Parker decided to stay home. So yes it is a major boom!

6 Likes

I am not comparing anything, I just think all players who commit to UH deserve a Boom. Just like when I think a 3 star deserves a boom, I am not comparing them to a 5 star either.

7 Likes

What is actually happening is the creation of a “pipeline” from this High School to UH.

4 Likes

“Get excited”. Boy, hard times. Literally it seems.

Can’t believe I can’t remember the name of the WR from about 3 years ago. I’m sure he didn’t earn much of any recruiting notice, but made incredible catches/TDs for UH. More of him, less of “Golden” boys.

3 Likes

I believe he plays on Sundays now.

Golden was nice for us… I ain’t mad at him… Brown and Manjack show next season!

1 Like

He got injured if y’all talking bout Tank… Sure you knew that… Sucks for him and the Texans…

No not in the NFL and not Tank Dell. White guy.