Boom! Kendre Gant LB Commits!

28 Likes

Another good get from Louisiana!

1 Like

What a monster. That is a big LB

6 Likes

I love that Fritz is focused on LBs. Desperately needed

16 Likes

Under Dana we were one of the worst tackling teams in the country.

7 Likes

SIX SACKS in a season for a true Linebacker is really good….i just watched a couple of highlights and he is athletic for sure.

16 Likes

6 sacks, 3FF and 3 Fumble recoveries. Sounds like a guy that is all over the field.

10 Likes

I like the size

3 Likes

Was recruited out of highschool as a wide receiver, but then developed into a imposing linebacker (6’4 222 lbs, that’s p5 size)

5 Likes

He is big!

1 Like

Where did he transfer from?

Never mind- got it

Coach is putting size in all 3 parts of the defense. Something Dana wouldn’t do.

He was also stubborn not changing the offense for his star QB D’eriq King.

6 Likes

Tbh, King didn’t have the size to run the type of offense he was suited for. As shown when he got injured both seasons at Miami.

1 Like

The traditional P5 teams focus on P5 transfers and look down on G5 talent as a notch below. Focusing on productive, decorated, G5 talent is a niche that UH should exploit. Both UH and G5 talent have aligned goals. to prove they belong with the big boys.

Very nice pickup. Good luck to Mr. Gant. I hope you introduce yourself to some opposing QBs, RBs, TEs, and WRs next year.

5 Likes

Just going by kids we offered:
Auburn got a commit from a Harvard TE FCS
Ole Miss got an IOL from Southern Miss G5
Penn St got an IOL from D2 Shorter D2
Purdue got an OT from New Mexico G5
Illinois got a DT from Yale FCS
Minnesota got a DB from Bucknell FCS
OU got a DB from San Diego State G5

1 Like

He introduced himself to Clayton Tune in the first series of the Independence Bowl.

6 Likes

Welcome Kendre to your Houston family ! We need your help ! Bring it !
Go Coogs !

I wonder if he’s gonna play LB or Edge

Being a Cajun fan was well, this conflicts me…

1 Like