Bracketology 12/18

Palm has us as a 3 seed!! Wouldnt that be awesome?

Lunardis hasnt come out yet

4 Likes

I know someone will comment saying this doesn’t matter this early in the season and they would be right. Its still fun to think of what could happen and be excited for national recognition.

5 Likes

Exactly lots of work to be done! Shows what are potential could be.

We cannot become complacent. This is great news and great exposure
but the fans have to continue to support this well deserving team CKS
has put together. The team works hard and you can tell they have good
chemistry together.

4 Likes

You heard it here first…the Coogs going undefeated in non-conference play will single-handily carry them to no worse than a Top-6 seed. As long as nothing crazy happens in conference play, I don’t believe they can fall any further than that. If they can get to 13-0, a 6-0 non-conference Q1/Q2 mark (the sixth being Utah State on Thursday) is gonna leave a huge impression on a selection committee that tends to value those wins more so than it dings conference losses (again, as long as nothing out of the ordinary happens in league play).

3 Likes

Good lord, that’s a brutal bracket. Win and get to play Furman/Kentucky winner for a likely chance vs Gonzaga, Buffalo, or Notre Dame, and then probably meet 1 seed Kansas.

3 Likes

Even NMSU would be a tough 14 seed hypothetical matchup…they were this close to beating Kansas on the road!

I picked us to go 14-4 in conference play and ill stick with that. Hope we protect home court again and all 4 losses will be on the road to the best 4 teams. But we all know it doesnt always work out like that.

2 Likes

I think 13-5 is more realistic, but 14-4 is doable…anything less than 13-5, though, and we start getting into the ‘out of the ordinary’ territory that could damage seeding. But again, I’ve gotten a sense the Cougars are growing on a lot of experts and pundits out there right now. The sky is truly gonna be the limit for them as the season goes on and they will continue to get better – the recent shooting woes and foul trouble, notwithstanding. It’s a great time for the program, and I’m looking forward to the ride!

1 Like

As Rick Flair says “to be the man you have to beat the man”

5 Likes

Obviously one of the great thinkers of our time !

5 Likes

This is a fun site…

1 Like

The really exciting thing about this team is that it is far from reaching its potential. We turn the ball over a little too often, our shooting % is a little too low and our free throw shooting is not good. There is plenty of room for improvement.

But we are:

• 14th in the nation in defensive field goal percentage
  • 47th in defensive rebounding
  • 47th in offensive rebounding
  • 25th in rebounding margin
  • 11th in defending the 3pt

in short the secret to Sampson’s success is that he gets entire team to play hard. To be good at rebounding AND defending the perimeter means the team is hustling.

If this team gets efficient and proficient on the offensive end you could be looking at a dark horse national championship team.

1 Like

Uh…we go undefeated in conference and we are seeded much higher than 6th…probably 2nd. I know you were joking though.

Palm doesn’t have Oregon or St. Louis making it.

I think Oregon is still the best team in that conference. But my goodness the pac 12 is really bad this year!

1 Like