Bracketology 2024 LIVE UPDATES

The ACC has fallen off a cliff….very top heavy.

Just like the Big 10.

If that was actually our bracket it would be a pretty easy ride to the Sweet 16.

We would beat the 8/9 by 15-25 points because we are too athletic and our defense is just to good.

South Carolina would be a game the Coogs would have to play well and actually shoot the ball a little.

Colorado St. and Wisconsin would be potential tough ones for different reasons but Coogs would advance.

That leaves a battle with Tennessee to get to the Final
Four.

Just random thoughts.

6 Likes

Funny enough, I think K-State deserves to be in too. They have a decent resume so far. I would take them over Michigan State, Mississippi State, Utah, and South Florida, probably even Florida.

K-State’s main issue is their metrics are atrocious compared to the average bubble team

If their NET was at 56 rather than 76 I think they sit comfortably as a 10 seed rather than 4-6th team out

Weird how they’re so low. How did UCF get above them?! I still don’t fully understand the NET. For instance, Arizona is above UCONN despite having less Q1 wins and a Q2 and Q3 loss (while UCONN has none). How does that happen? What’s the justification here?

@Coogfanstreif im not a NET expert. But basically blow out the bad teams & dont lose to bad teams and your NET should be decent

Kansas St NET is bad because:

*Barely beat Bellarmine (8pt win)

*Barely beat Oral Roberts (OT win)

*Barely beat North Alabama (1pt win)

*Barely beat Wichita St (9pt win)

*Barely beat Chicago St (7pt win)

*And they lost to USC early, wich turned out as a bad loss. USC is terrible

All these games against bad teams at Home. If you dont win by 20+, its gonna hurt your metrics, your NET ranking

3 Likes

This would be one of the more tricky brackets to navigate that I have seen.

Would prefer this. A UH UVA second round could end up a game of 1st to 45 wins.

1 Like

Definitely a weird year:

*Washington St - 9 seed

*South Carolina- 4 seed

*Utah St - 6 seed

*Indiana St - 9 seed

Im not a huge fan of the Mountain West Conference. They’re currently getting 6 bids

No Arkansas, UCLA, Indiana, Michigan, Villanova, USC

Teams you usually see in the tournament

2 Likes

Lunardi’s updated South Region

6 Likes

Gimme that bracket all day

11 Likes

Rematch with A&M in the Elite 8 in Dallas will be something else

2 Likes

Eh I mean… do they even make it past TCU? I’d look for Duke or Marquette to make it through that section and we would feast against either one.

2 Likes

UH-Quinnipiac E8 would be elite! :fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

Don’t hate that bracket.

1 Like

Just checked on bracketmatrix.com (updated yesterday).

Purdue, UConn, and UH are listed as #1 seeds on all of the brackets.

I would be shocked if the Coogs were not a #1 seed on the top 16 bracket reveal on Saturday.

1 Like

For sure they will. Can’t lose btw now & Saturday. I have them coming in as 3rd overall Team in Seeding list… behind UConn & Purdue.

1 Like

Let’s make sure UH gets a projected #1 seed on Saturday by beating the burnt orange out of UT.

2 Likes

The early Projections for Top 16 seeds will be released on CBS before the UT vs UH game on Saturday

2 Likes

Easy Breezy……same thing I was thinking.