Breakout Players 2023-2024

This seems like it would be a fun idea. Who have been breakout players this season? And who might breakout to end the season.

I really like Myron Amey Jr from San Jose State. He’s a redshirt-sophomore after being injured last year after 9 games. He averaged 18 minutes his freshman year, 13 last year, and 32 this year. His production has gone up.

I have seen a lot of San Jose State games because the mountain west conference is on late at night. I really like watching him. He plays really hard and hustles.

Coming off a 24pt, 9 reb, 4 ast game against New Mexico and a 30pt, 6 reb, 4 ast game against San Boise State. And he had 20 points against San Diego State as well.

And he’s shooting it rather efficiently from 3 with a percentage of 37.5. And he has 1.5 steals a game. He could improve his finishing and free throws but it’s not bad for what is pretty much his 2nd year of college ball.

I really like his game.

1 Like

I’ve watched prolly 5 or 6 halves of Memphis, and although I struggle to watch their team play, it’s hard not to think David Jones is a special college player. Averaging 13.2 at St Johns last year, 29% from three. This year 21.7 ppg and improved his 3 to 37%. 6.8 Rebounds per game.
He’s got a pretty good motor. Went from 2nd or 3rd option on an average team to possible conference player of the year.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s ready to move to the Big Boy League next year (aka Big 12). Can’t eat at the kids table forever.