Brian Johnson to ULL?

“For the people who want him gone, who would you replace him with?”

–Kendal Briles

4 Likes

Can we outbid Nebraska for Troy Walters?

Word has it Walters is a candidate for the Rice head job. I know they’ve fallen pretty far, but I’m still pretty sure HC at Rice is a better job than OC at UH.

Kendall Briles as the new OC.
There was not even a headline about Briles/Baylor while he was coaching FAU.
And he turned FAU into one of CFBs best offenses.

KB is a cougar alum. I know the stories about luring recruit. But is it any different than what EVERY team in CFB and CBB does? I will guess, “no”.

That O is virtually unstoppable. Even Syracure is respectable these days. It got Bayor (I mean FREAKIN’ BAYLOR) to Number 2.

I’m not saying make him the HC, but that O would be a HUGE upgrade over what we have now.

5 Likes

Not just no, HELL NO. I do not want anyone with Baylor University on their resume between 2007 and 2016 associated with our program, and that goes about quintuple for anyone with the last name Briles.

14 Likes

I agree, I don’t want someone with that baggage.

1 Like

Not worth it.

Ethics > winning.

5 Likes

I’d take him. I don’t hold it against him that he didn’t rat out his dad. Maybe you would, but I wouldn’t rat out my dad.

3 Likes

Why even bring his name up? We know his accomplishments, but it doesn’t matter. He won’t be coming to Houston anytime soon, if at all.

You didn’t hear anything about Briles while at FAU because he was at FAU…you probably didn’t hear anything about FAU either, other than Kiffin being an idiot and FAU winning the conference.

The Briles name in Texas is poison; not just in sports, but in the government as well. If we bring Briles back, there will be things that the University loses that will be bigger than the wins he could possibly bring…things that could eventually help us land in a P5 conference.

I merged the thread because there’s no reason to have a separate thread for this.

8 Likes

Les miles and Kendall briles would bring smiles and style.

And wins.

I am ok with K briles and I agree with red80.

This self righteousness is getting old, the guy is a good coach and whether he is here or not Houston, those backstabbing clowns in Austin will not give houston ashare of the PUF money or get us in a power conference .

If they were inclined to, Houston would be in the BIG12 yesterday.

If he is hired here, and gets houston to the Cotton bowl, watch those Bevos and cowgirls come after him b4 the season ends.

Plus the man cannot pay for the sins of his father forever.

1 Like

Can’t pay for his fathers sins, but he should pay for his own sins.

10 Likes

Brian Wright

I was probably the only one who watched some of the FAU-North Texas game, but the color announcer made a fascinating point about the Briles offense. They said that Kiffin took what is a pretty simplistic scheme and introduced some advanced zone read concepts and other things from the offense he was running at Alabama. The results speak for themselves.

I’d take anybody who runs an offense that doesn’t bore me to tears. Bendal Kriles, Troy Walters, the Memphis OC. Anybody but the guy who directed our snooze fest of an offense this year.

6 Likes

POTD

Well said. Theres things we cant afford to lose to be like everyone else.

I think Johnson has a lot of upside as our OC…he has exactly one year of experience as an OC, and I am betting that with our quarterback position now in good hands we will improve drastically on offense next year. My only concern is whether or not our defense will get better and be able to make key stops next year…

1 Like

Big he doesn’t have one year experience as OC he was at the very least Co-OC at Utah and their offense sucked. That isn’t a coincidence maybe he just isn’t a really good OC. If ULL wants Johnson they can have him.

2 Likes

He was the OC and play caller at Utah before getting fired from that position.