Brian Johnson to ULL?

I don’t know that all he did was not rat out his dad. If he was involved and knew of allegations but did nothing as well, then he’s equally guilty.

I’m sorry, I just don’t want our program associated with the type of behavior that happened in Baylor. It has nothing to do with Big 12, PUF or anything else as I don’t think that he would even be part of the conversation with those type of discussions. He can’t pay for the sins of his father but he can pay for his own sins.

4 Likes

It would not be too surprising to see Kendall Briles become the next Lincoln Riley in another year or so.

Lincoln spent 5 years as an OC at East Carolina, and 1 year as an OC at OU before taking over as head coaching job.

At Baylor, Kendall spent 4 years as an inside receivers coach, 3 years as passing game coordinator and then 2 years as an OC before being hired as an OC at FAU. So at this point in time, Kendall Briles is a year older than Lincoln Riley and has a little more coaching experience, but doesn’t have QB Baker Mayfield on his team.

I worked with Kendal on a daily basis until he left to go to work for Art, I never saw anything that would lead me to believe that he would be capable of doing any of the things that he has been accused of.

3 Likes

The bad publicity we would get is minuscule in comparison to the backwards strides from thinking in a “whatever it takes” mentality. its not if hes a good guy or a good coordinator its what he didnt do when Sh** was about to hit the fan. I DONT WANT TO BE BAYLOR we’ve worked too hard

3 Likes

To anyone who thinks getting rid of Brian Johnson means we will dramatically change our offense: Perhaps you didn’t notice this, but our offense this year was exactly the same as the offense the previous two years. The only difference: This year, we didn’t have Greg Ward. If Johnson leaves, we’ll still have the same offensive philosophy, because that is what Major believes in. I do have some hope that our O will be more effective next year because I like what I see from D King, and our O line will be more experienced and deep. But if anyone is expecting a return to the Air Raid or a move to a Briles-like offense, you’re going to be disappointed.

6 Likes

Kendall is going to spend a few years tooling in obscurity the FAUs and UTEPs of the world rebuilding his own image outside of his dad. In five years or so, don’t be surprised to see him as a real hot shot candidate again. Might not be here at all which is fine if we’re doing well, but if we’re struggling don’t be too surprised to see his name float to the top.

1 Like

The one interesting development with King was our appetite to go deep on passing plays that lead to some homerun plays that were lacking the last couple of years. Not sure who gets credit for that, but I approve.

2 Likes

This comment has been echoed by multiple posters. Some folks have Johnson as the scapegoat and nothing will change that. If Johnson moves on then they will just find someone else to sink their teeth into.

4 Likes

The acorn doesn’t fall far from the tree.

What exactly is that “run up the middle” called? We run more than one of those. I’m asking for a friend; he wants to know if Coog complainers know their stuff, or just complain with little football IQ.

3 Likes

We have a female president, no way we hire that type of trash.

1 Like

That’s great until you realize the crap defenses we played this year averaged allowing 6.3 yards per play.

2 Likes

We have played bad defenses…rank and yds/play allowed
#130 ECU 7.5. We avg 9.6 vs them
#129 Tulsa 7.2 we scored 17 and gave them 21 with TOS
#125 Tulane 6.7 we scored 17
#123 SMU 6.7
#113 Navy 6.4
#106 Rice 6.2
#86 Ariz 5.8
#85 Memp 5.8
#76 TT 5.7
#55 Temple 5.4
#13 USF 4.7
6 of teams we played allowed more than we averaged for year.

Our D gave up 5.2 and faced …,
#3 Memp 7.4
#9 Ariz 6.8
#16 SMU 6.5
#26 USF 6.2
#36 Navy 6.0
#41 TT 5.8
#57 Tulsa 5.5

64 Tulane 5.5

#65 ECU 5.5
#71 Temple 5.4
#86 Rice 5.2
10 of 11 teams faced gained higher ypp than D allowed for year…5.2

3 Likes

please take him

1 Like

Who cares what formation it’s called from. It’s so predictable that even me with my small football IQ knows when it’s coming.

1 Like

I’m cool with K. Briles.

Besides, making a decision based on moral values is out of vogue, especially when it conflicts with a means to an end.

Brian Johnson is the play caller. Whether the offense changes or not, the play calling could change dramatically.

That’s fine with me if he is innocent; but I still think we need to allow for at least three more years, or so, until things cool down further!

Two years removed from a Peach Bowl win and Coog fans are willing to trade morals for wins. Willing to accept the rape of women for an exciting offense. We have become Baylor.

5 Likes