Bright Side

At least we didn’t get put out by the Aggies. That would be unbearable

25 Likes

We didn’t get put out by Duke either but rather the injury to Shead.

19 Likes

I have always said that the most that can reasonably be expected of any team, in any sport, is a regular season championship. Nights like tonight prove why – tournaments are fun, but luck plays way too big of a factor, and single-elimination is way too random. It’s a horrifically bad way to determine a champion.

All of that to say, at the end of the day, we’re still Big 12 champs. We’re still clearly the best team in Texas. Going out like this sucks, but it happens. We had a great season, and if healthy we might have won the thing. But that’s life.

18 Likes

My wife and have a couple that we hang out with that went to A&M. It was fun to beat then twice and have some smack talk. They sent pics tonight of them wearing Duke shirts. They literally cheer for Duke. They didn’t go there. They don’t live there. They don’t have kids that went there. That’s why I hate Duke. People like that.

9 Likes

That’s why you should hate Aggie fans. Wearing another team’s colors because your own team isn’t good enough to beat ours? So lame.

6 Likes

You sure that A&M couple didn’t put some hoodoo on Shead? Spread some sheep dust in his locker or something

1 Like

ags were more serious imo. didnt have an injury and went to overtime, ags coulda made a last second shot in regulation. injury was unfortunate for duke but ags had the coogs, on the ropes.

The bright side is on to football and Willie! Heads up. This basketball team will be great every year for years to come. We will win it all soon.

1 Like

Aggies had every advantage in OT to put us away with four of our starters on the bench. We had a walk on shooting FTs at the end. Yet, they still found a way to lose.

3 Likes

It was a great season and with a healthy roster I believe we would have made it to the championship game, maybe win it all.

4 Likes

I dislike
Aggies for the same reason.

We had a short handed roster, serious foul trouble and yet we still extended the lead and separated. We controlled the entire game to the point a freak of nature and poor officiating in a perfect storm is what it took for them to be in position to tie after one of the most corrupt calls you will ever see.

At least we didn’t get put out by Aggies. But… this hurts as much as Michigan loss probably more because our celing was higher. Less than the Villanova, Miami, or Baylor game.