Briles and FSU

Well at least I don’t have a face that sunk a 1000 ships … (unlike Helen of Troy who launched them)…

We could have used you at the Battle of Midway and saved ourselves a carrier plus some torpedo squadrons …

6 Likes

He will always be King of the Wild Frontier.

Didn’t Maggard make Briles hire a better strength coach?

Dave did a lot of good personnel moves.

2 Likes

I agreed. At this point, he wants financial stability. NBA, stay away.

Yes, and change the defensive coordinator.

My prediction is this, Briles takes the FSU OC job - but coaches the bowl game and leaves on relatively good terms. Does well in Tallahassee, bails out a clueless but semi-successful Willie taggart next year. Applewhite again underwhelms, and gets fired late next year after a brutal schedule with little fan interest. Pezman wants an exciting, young splash hire - brings back KB as HC. The following year, FSU takes a big step back. Meanwhile, the coogs are an exciting 9-3 or 10-2 with increasing fan interest and a fun brand. Taggart gets canned. Briles proceeds to the airport, leaves his courtesy car at the terminal, hops on a plane and takes the Florida state job.

Book it.

9 Likes

I[quote=“bonebigt, post:148, topic:15843”]
Pezman wants an exciting, young splash hire - brings back KB as HC. The following year, FSU takes a big step back. Meanwhile, the coogs are an exciting 9-3 or 10-2 with increasing fan interest and a fun brand
[/quote]

Why bring that SOB back? So that he could leave after his first year of being our head coach? Once someone has betrayed you and has shown himself to be nothing but a crooked snake, the best thing to do is to never have anything to do with him again! An untrustworthy person can never be trusted again!

4 Likes

$12 MILLION buyout!

3 Likes

I finally identified Tilman’s handle on here.

3 Likes

I think that FSU ship has sailed for Captain Briles. On to the next port of interest for CB.

20 mil minimum…

That’s even better - Go Big or Go Home!

1 Like

This doesn’t sound like anything the dark forces in Austin would script, so I’m dubious since they control virtually everything in the conspiracy world.

1 Like

Including huge buyout clauses doesn’t really help us. I am in favor of removing them altogether. I’d prefer free reign to hire and fire as I please.

In the meantime we hire Lebby as OC, He’ll be here in place when Briles and Clements return

1 Like

We don’t pay the buyout. If team fires they just owe the price of contract. Buyout is for the coach/new employer to buyout the contract.

Betrayed? Wow! It’s his life and his career. Not yours. Coaches come and go all over the country. Apparently, only at UH are coaches expected to get hired and stay until they are 80 years old or die on the sidelines.

2 Likes

I disagree. I think we’ve potentially found our answer to closing the $$$ gap between us and the P5 schools.

We’ll agree to continue training and providing head coaches to the P5, while the P5 agrees to get our income up to their level.

I know, I know…but it sounded good when I rolled out of bed this morning, before my coffee.

2 Likes

There can be buyouts on both sides in a contract.