Briles and FSU

Pearland do you have some inside info, or are you just guessing and making it sound like you have inside info?

I just read the wikileaks thread and understand where it came from.

Poor Davy should have stayed in Tennessee.

3 Likes

Yep, he would be alive today!

5 Likes

Yes, but Briles will have 2 years left on the contract he will get paid on

Maybe not alive today. Heā€™d be 232 years old.

1 Like

Pearland is rightā€¦FSU has a top OL coach already there and he is an FSU grad to boot. They arent going to fire him just so Briles can bring Clements in. You cant browbeat a top line P5 into doing things like that. Briles requires Clements because of his long association and understanding of the blocking schemes necessary in the Briles offense. It is both, or none, i thinkā€¦
We sail along for one more yearā€¦

So is he
Going?
Staying?
Hiding behind door #1, 2 or 3?
The biggest question in all of this is about our recruiting & the message it sends to everyone supporting U of H.
How could he even come back after all of this? Did our extension have a clause about interviewing while getting this extension?
This should/shall never happen. He signed his raise/extension. Then he goes for a higher bidder. Technically is asking U of H for another raise. It is all about the extension/contract details. That will tell us the entire story.

Our recruiting will always be middle of the road, rankings wise, because coaches canā€™t commit. If they canā€™t, why should they expect 18 year olds to? Itā€™s ridiculous. Having said that, rankings arenā€™t everything. Itā€™s up to the coaches on staff to coach these kids up. Something Iā€™m not very confident in with Applewhite and his 15-10 record in two plus seasons.

2 Likes

Ah, a babyā€¦Adam and Eve lived over 900 years oldā€¦232, he is mere youth!

K Briles did just fine as OC last year without Clements. Regardless, it appears they are a package deal. We need to add a rediculous buyout clause for Clements.

1 Like

I didnā€™t fake lol at this. I had a legitimate out loud chuckle.

I agree. If he is getting $400K, then we should add a buyout of at least $500K?

What loyalty does he owe the school? Thereā€™s a buyout clause in the contract. As long as thatā€™s paid, heā€™s honored the contract. He literally broke his body for this program. Then, when he graduated the AD wouldnā€™t let his father hire him as an assistant, not even a GA.

And what loyalty would we show him if we decided we could do better? None. None whatsoever.

1 Like

Iā€™m not that surprised but I didnā€™t know that.

That is a shame. Maggard was a tough guy to work with. He and Art did not see eye-to-eye on staffing.

Thatā€™s a game changer

Confused by your response. Never said he did owe us loyalty. In fact I was commenting on the fact that some people are misguided and thinking he would be because he graduated from U of H. I simply stated otherwise.

However I do feel that he should be professional and courteous. Why? We gave him an opportunity to move up in the football echelon. Thanks to us he got both a pay raise and he now has a better opportunity to become a P5 OC and then eventually P5 head coach.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I am a fan of him and what heā€™s done for the offense. At the same time, I donā€™t really appreciate how he has handled this.

As far as what the past AD did to him, that has nothing to do with us, our current staff, or our current AD. If he is bitter about that then that is on him. Itā€™s like being upset at your wife for something your ex-girlfriend in high school did to you. There is no correlation, it doesnā€™t make any sense, and itā€™s not going to resolve anything.

5 Likes

Buzzkill. Thanks for that.

1 Like

So is he still proud to be a cougar?

1 Like

He would still be funnier than some other Davy Crockettā€™s around here

2 Likes