Briles

Applewhite deserves some credit here. We are so hard on him.

11 Likes

If it was 80 degrees today, starters would have remained in longer. The heat plays a big part in the decision imo

1 Like

Yeah, I find it pretty funny. Some guy is saying he hopes someone takes him off our hands after that game today.:rofl:. Heā€™s still not proven, but I think he has a chance to be a really good head coach. Get talent in here, which he has done in spades, and bring in good assistants, another thumbs up. And Iā€™m going to give Dā€™Onofrio a pat on the back. We got off the field on 3rd down and have played two halves in which we have given up a combined total of 3 points. Obviously reserves were in late in the 3rd and much of the 4th today. Briles is great,and Iā€™m thrilled heā€™s here, but by the same token, it helps to have serious speed for the first time in forever at the skill positions, including a QB who went through a spring practice, is throwing like a pro, and can beat you with his legs as well.

8 Likes

If Briles wasnā€™t here we would be running that same old boring Applewhite offense as last year, we better hope Briles stays, Iā€™m not sold on Applewhite yet!

2 Likes

thank you

Your incessant hate of Applewhite is going to force me to find another board. Reading your BS every day is exhausting.

5 Likes

then ignore it.

Applewhite wasnā€™t the OC last year. He was in '15 when we finished #10 nationally in scoring offense with true freshmen starting in the offensive line as well as '16 when we finished #26 with Ward playing hurt much of the year and the same OL troubles. I said, ā€œBriles is great, and Iā€™m thrilled to have him.ā€ And that is definitely true. Doesnā€™t mean that getting some speed at WR and RB and QB isnā€™t a big reason we are able to move the ball the way we have.

5 Likes

Butā€¦that would just be another down the hall hire that has everyone up in arms about hiring CMA. Donā€™t you know we have to have a national search and bring in a big name coach that had been semi-successful elsewhere. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes