BYU going down!

Not being able to have caffeine would be impossible too. Could you imagine all night cram sessions with no caffeine ?

Caffeine is not against the rules. That is incorrect information. There are many who do not drink it because it is considered addictive.

Geez, it’s amazing that they are able to recruit so well.

If you are married to two women, then you can have sex with both. Have sex with a girlfriend and get kicked out of school. What a wild place.

1 Like

Twitter had a thing about “soaking” at BYU a week or so ago. I assumed it had something to do with milk. I was wrong. Google warning!

1 Like

Those are the basic standards of the church. The reason I didn’t attend is their old requirements for student housing. Most people from outside of Utah go to BYU-I these days anyway, that or BYU-H. Southern Virginia is gaining a lot of popularity within the church for those that live on the east coast.

I guess it’s okay for two men to have sex. Didn’t see a reference to it in the policies. Just wondering.
:thinking:

1 Like

If you’re good enough, they will look the other way. Jim McMahon went to BYU and was a Catholic. He also liked to party, a lot. He didn’t get expelled until after his college eligibility was exhausted.

Passed through Provo on vacation last week. 98% of the student body is Mormon, but I don’t know what percentage of the football team is LDS. Beautiful place, though.

1 Like

Well I have not heard of any Africa American being a Mormon, so you could start there. Of course I could be wrong.

There are about 700k members of the church that are African decent worldwide. How many of those are American; I’m not sure.

1 Like

from the mid-1800s until 1978—the Church did not ordain men of black African descent to its priesthood or allow black men or women to participate in temple endowment or sealing ordinances

1 Like

There is always the idea that the angel Moroni gave secret tablets to J. Smith that no on can see but he did dig them out of the earth in NY. I believe. Some one correct me.

1 Like

This is correct. Originally, black members had all the same ordinations as anyone else. A policy was implemented under Brigham Young after the migration west. Minor modifications to that policy changed over the decades until 1978 when any policy of its kind was rescinded.

It isn’t an idea. Although a member wouldn’t state it that simplistically, in essence, most of what you wrote is correct. The one thing that needs correcting is other men did see and handle the plates and testified to their existence.

So back to the football team. DM me if you have more questions. I don’t want to clog up the thread with a religious discussion.

1 Like