Carmakers Removing AM Radio

But all newer cars have HD FM stations. For example, 790 is broadcast on 94.5-2. I think 950 is 94.5-3. Are AM broadcasts going away, or just the radio in the car? I have a 1999 car that does not have HD radio. If the broadcasts are going away, I’m screwed in that car.

1 Like

They also have small am/fm radios at Best Buy for cheap.

Hell, I have a 2020 car.

I’m worried I won’t be able to hear the Coogs on radio now.

My car is a 2021, i will have to check if i have HD FM.

My wife is mad new cars dont have CD players anymore.

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think it’s the actual stations and only the car but then why remove AM and keep FM?

1 Like

I use bluetooth to get local AM stations when out of town

Explain your wizardry.

When i am out of town and since all our games are televised i stream games on my ipad using the xfinity ap and plug it into my car stereo and listen.

Next you’re gonna tell me they’ll stop putting in cigarette lighters and ashtrays!!!

I’ll believe that when they stop making t-tops.

4 Likes

Please, please tell me that was you and your car. The Trans Am was and still is my favorite car. I’ve owned a 78, 95, and now a 99.

1 Like

I never in my life thought I was cool enough to pull off a Trans Am.

I might be able to pull off a Z24 Cavalier.

5 Likes

I mean, why get rid of it, it costs pennies in electronics to put in.

3 Likes

Because those are pennies that could go to the bottom line instead.

I wonder what the reaction would be like if auto manufacturers announced listeners would no longer be able to get NPR on FM.

In a few years we will have a thread about FM no.longer being available on cars too.

1 Like

I don’t think this will stick. Many of the big automakers are saying they have no plans to remove them.

Several big automakers, including Toyota and Honda, say they have no plans to eliminate AM radio, and General Motors, the nation’s top-selling carmaker, has not announced its intentions.

Of course I was surprised when CD players got removed from lots of vehicles as well.

1 Like

Have you ever driven through New Mexico towards Arizona( not on 10) towards the Grand Canyon?

I like listening to the Navajo radio stations.

1 Like

I had a buddy that had a white convertible z24 Cavalier….great for mailbox baseball.

4 Likes

A buddy of mine once met a girl told her he had a vet…she agreed to go out with him. He rolls up to pick her up in his chevette. When she saw it she turned around and went back in her house…LOL

4 Likes

I’ve been all over out there. Lots of cool stations.

1 Like

Thats messed up man i need my rush Limbaugh…

absolutely disgusting this taking place!