CBS Power Rankings #1

Big XII wasn’t ready for Houston, not the other way around…

28 Likes

Wow, channel 13 said the same thing.

5 Likes

UH to the big 12:

13 Likes

Baylor on the road won’t be easy at all. Lets beat them Saturday!!!

10 Likes

Playing Baylor on the road, will be like playing ISU on the road. A win will be difficult. As much fun as it is to be ranked #1 in the country, it won’t last long if we lose this Saturday.

Looking at the remaining schedules for the top 5 teams in the Big 12, I would suggest this is a must win game if UH wants to win the conference. ISU definitely has the easiest path with only two road games at UCF and KSU, whereas UH needs to beat Baylor, Oklahoma, and UCF on the road, then beat Cincy and Kansas at home. Baylor and Kansas have equally tough schedules.

We can still lose this Saturday and tie ISU for 1st by running the table on Cincy, OK, UCF, and Kansas, but that’s a tough schedule.

3 Likes

We aren’t #1 yet , #2 with a chance to be #1 if we win Saturday

10 Likes

Yeah, it’s a projection based on UCONN’s loss but personally I don’t put much stock into it regardless. I like the underdog role.

You’re giving ISU too much credit. We all know they’re a quality team, but i don’t see them running the table. They will get at least 1 more loss in my humbled opinion. I do agree for Houston to Win the Title outright they must go 4-1 down the Home stretch.

4 Likes

We’re #1 - check OPs link

Exactly. We’re #1 in CBS Power Rankings.

Counts.

Oddly, the link above isn’t working for me correctly but this one does: College Basketball Power Rankings: Houston leaps UConn, Purdue for No. 1 after Huskies, Boilermakers fall - CBSSports.com

If we win Saturday, there is no reason to rank us less than number 1 on Monday.

You can’t say the Big 12 is the top basketball conference, but then not rank the team that sits at the top of it as number 1. Especially when we hold the same record as the teams below us.

Not in AP poll lol

Read the thread title

1 Like

I gotcha

2 Likes

Very cool. On an unrelated note, how awful is that webpage?

We’re the best team. That’s awesome. Sampson doesn’t care about that. He keeps working. It’s a awesome season.

3 Likes

Agree… But wouldn’t be surprised if ISU could pull that off… They’re a tough team.

We stopped a playing that role some time ago.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Houston basketball: 1 fatal flaw that could ruin Cougars’ Final Four hopes (msn.com)