CBS Top 25 Poll

Alex…I will take 12 for the win…

They do it because the networks have so much invested in UT.

If they always rank them at around #15 at the start of each year…they can justify both outcomes

1. if they get off to a fast start- they easily can become a top 5 team during the stretch and the burnt orange love fest starts.

2. if they stumble, they only drop them as low as 20 or 21 but they are always one win away from getting back to that 15 range

They NEED UT to be ranked to pimp games like the Red River Shoot out.

Plus, with what we know about NIL would it surprise anyone if they pay off voters ti make it seem like they are worthy?

I mean they do always have a top 5 recruiting class…that produces ZERO NFL draft picks …lol

4 Likes

I liked this post because I agree about UT, however, I suspect Lincoln Riley will have USC winning sooner rather than later. They have talent, and the PAC 12 is relatively weak.

Here comes the gamblers:

1 Like

Honestly, other than Alabama, Georgia & Ohio St… I think they’re a bunch of teams bundle up in the next tier (I include UH somewhere in there). But like they say anything can happened on any given day.

Yes… Texas is overrated. 8 spots too high for my taste. They have some nice individual players who are going to be decent pro’s, tho.

UT-Austin recruiting and over rated rankings:

2016: #6 rated class - half of the 10 highest rated recruits were Strong’s - Herman brought 3 former UH commits with him
2017: #25 rated class
2018: #3 rated class
2019: #3 rated class
2020: #9 rated class

2021: # 15 rated class - almost all of this class was Herman’s

The celebrations online of how they dominated recruiting and “We’re Back!” echoed over burnt orange message boards. blah blah blah - the hangover is a b_tch apparently.

FOUR TOP TEN CLASSES! Herman: Hired 11/27/16 Fired 1/2/21

• 2016 Pre-Season #11 AP / #20 Coaches - FINAL CFP: Not Ranked
  • 2017 Pre-Season #23 AP / #23 Coaches - FINAL CFP: Not Ranked
  • 2018 Pre-Season #23 AP / #21 Coaches - FINAL CFP: #15
  • 2019 Pre-Season #10 AP / #10 Coaches - FINAL CFP: Not Ranked
  • 2020 Pre-Season #14 AP / #14 Coaches - Final CFP: #20
  • 2021 Pre-Season #21 AP / #19 Coaches - FINAL CFP: Not Ranked
2 Likes

Well USC did have the best spring practice ever seen

Their Cheerleaders are definitely Top 25…

1 Like