Cedric Lath 6’10 C - 2023 Red Shirting Freshman

The 6-10 came from CKS who said we measure the playes ourselves.

4 Likes

Sure hope his buddy Thomas follows him to UH.

Any update on Thomas reclassifying?

The 6’10 number was apparently measured by CKS in Ced’s high school.
Don’t know if that was with his shoes on.
They usually have the accurate height after they enroll on the UH website.

It was in socks, so maybe 1/32 of an inch difference.

Why would Sampson make that up? You ever known Sampson to gas players up and lie about their measurables?

sampson has occasional misremembered numbers when retelling stories, i doubt lath is 6’10… im thinking maybe 6’9

1 Like

Being off half an inch is different than calling someone 6’10 and he’s 6’8. Usually Sampson undersells if anything. I remember he didn’t believe mark was 6’5, he thought he was shorter

Wow Coogfans love the height debate. Now we can’t trust Sampson, obviously pictures are the way to determine, that’s always worked the past right?

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/uhcougarmbk/status/1593651498260598784?s=46&t=geVcq4YpcpBHkiQgHU-k8g
“Right at 6’10” was his exact words

3 Likes

I just do not trust any height/weight measurements reported by anybody about anybody.

sampson has oversold sometimes…i dont even think he is overselling i just think he was casually saying it… an instance i remember was samspon stating fabian height as a freshmen but as a senior talking about how much he grew, but stating a different freshmen height… i dont think it was intentionally to deceive… ill casually say sasser in 6’3 in a regular convo if that wasnt the core of the point…sasser technically isnt 6’3

Watched the huddles closely last night. CL is clearly 1-2 inches taller than Francis. And thick

I never said Sampson made anything up or lied, calm down.

Hey Daniel, saw your son H.W. center court last night standing next to the Armed Forces honoree.

1 Like

it actually has, it hasnt happened in a while but for like 3 offseason some years back we’d always say something was off about a players height just from the pictures …a few of our sarcastic posters made jokes about it… the most egregious was valentine sangoymi being “7ft”… the last time was “6’10” powell when he came in

sidenote i never though lath was 6’10, not from that picture but his game film…him being taller than Francis is actually a relief becuase he looked 6’8-ish in his film

He loves basketball, really does. It’s a shame the poor kid can’t hear any of it.

1 Like

Big guy is athletic too, damn

He’s trying to appease our resident critics

4 Likes

Next season this Big Guy joins Roberts and Francis.

Who will be our fourth Big Man?

1 Like