Cedric Lath's Block and UH Layup

I needed to see this again. And again. And again…

My energy level is off-the-charts seeing this.

16 Likes

We get back to full strength next year and stay injury free. I see us winning it all next year if not this year and next. Lath will have another year of being coached up along with the others. This team is going to be scary good, next year and beyond

6 Likes

Ced is going to be good. He will be like Francis in the sense his athleticism will wow until he gets an offensive game.

2 Likes

Ced8kab2d

9 Likes

Man i missed JoJo Tugler. Proud of Lath and his effort but he’s still RAW and rush into playing because of injury to Tugler. There’s definitely a drop off.

Not knocking the kid at all but he simply is not ready for this stage.
He played the most minutes he has played in a game this against perhaps the worst team we have played to date and to go with his three blocks in 16 minutes he had 0 points, 1 offensive rebound and one turnover.
He is a project at this who if he hangs around can develop into a player.
But right Walker will start grabbing more minutes because of his rebounding and hustle.

1 Like

Plus once competition gets harder i think coach probably goes smaller unless Lath holds his own :astonished::open_mouth::sweat_smile:

1 Like

He played hard and contributed which is all we can ask at this point

Have enjoyed watching his progression since august. Way ahead of my expectations

15 Likes

Once he learns how to block out he can be a monster on the board. He has a long ways to go before he contributes on offense

2 Likes

Minutes Lath is getting are going to be invaluable to his development for the future

10 Likes

No doubt!

Hey like Coach said about his free throws, "He hit the rim twice, and we’ll go from there " His offense starts with catching the ball and we can go from there.

8 Likes

He looked like dad driving a tractor through a bunch of children going downcourt. I don’t think he ever straightened his legs.

1 Like

Yep the look on Sampson’s face after the first miss last night said it all

This experience will accelerate his progress.

Seen that before in this program

1 Like

Think about when Francis first started getting floor time, it was pretty raw as well.

Sampson and the staff molds and sculpts players. With this one he is working with marble because physically Ced is freakishly strong and deceptively quick and fast.

1 Like

That video also showed a weakness. It worked out well for Dunn but (Dunn) almost completely stopped on that play in transition. This is what drives Sampson nuts.but you’re right about Lath’s quick acceleration.

Correct. His job was to give a body that could provide relief and rest to Roberts.

Okay, but he didn’t stop and took a potential defender out of the play.

I think some of you guys are being too hard on Lath. I am happy with the growth I have seen from him these past few weeks. He is starting to get it with his defense. You saw how he was able to help defend and still get back to cover his man.

On offense if he can occupy a big man during reb or the nds and get a dunk or two that is about all we should expect at this point

4 Likes

He’s at least a body to play a handful of minutes to provide fouls/rest without killing you. That’s a lot more than I thought we would get out of him a few weeks ago. He’s come a long way really quickly. Major kudos to him and the staff for that.

I’m also really excited about his potential but that doesn’t help us now of course.

1 Like