Chip Kelly leaves HC Job to become OC

Keep trolling lawtroll.

I’ll keep speaking the truth, and dispelling the lies!

You have no clues about U of H history. U of H itself wanted the SWC at all cost.
Deny all you want that the sec was interested. What’s your motives for denying that lawtroll?
You want people to think you know UH history. you clearly have no clues and again what the motives?

I will. And I deny it for good reason: because if they were interested, then they would have issued us an invitation to join.

My motivation? How about the motivation to state factual truth?

If the SEC never issued us an invite (which is a FACT), then it is factually UNtrue to say that the SEC ever had any serious interest in UH.

If you don’t believe me, then listen to TucsonCoog, who was there in that very era.

You are a troll law and you just proved it…again with:
“if they were interested they would have given us an invite”
U of H never wanted the sec. We wanted the SWC PERIOD. Why would the sec give us an invite if we were not interested? Are you that much of a troller? The answer will be you are indeed a troll.

NOT true.

We did indeed attempt to join the SEC in the 1950s.

We failed.

You need to go back and read this.

You are a troll and here is why:
Post on how Mr. Yeoman and U of H wanted the SWC. This was their goal all along. Are you going to deny that too? Go ahead post it.

I didn’t deny that.

Yeoman and the admin switched their interest to the SWC over the SEC beginning in the 60s.

Yeoman wasn’t coach here during the 50s when the biggest UNSUCCESSFUL push for the SEC took place.

An SEC move was again brought up in the early 90s (see the news clipping from the link I showed you), again…NO INVITE!!!

You are lying again. Yeoman always wanted the SWC. Show us that he publicly said he preferred the sec over the SWC. Go ahead and I will take back what I wrote. Yeoman outstanding games against sec teams is what triggered the sec wanting us. Do you understand the timeline? You clearly do not. The 50’s was an entire different sec push altogether. It had nothing to do with Mr. Yeoman.

When did I say otherwise?

I said…YEOMAN WASN’T COACH HERE IN THE 50s WHEN THE BIGGEST UNSUCCESSFUL PUSH FOR UH TO JOIN THE SEC TOOK PLACE.

Was there some part of that which was too difficult to understand?

Yeoman took over as coach here in the 60s. Not long thereafter, the push became more to join the SWC than SEC.

But regardless…AT NO POINT IN UH’S HISTORY, …did the SEC EVER issue an invite to UH.

EVEN WHEN WE PUSHED FOR IT IN THE 50s.

And if we never received an invite, then NO ONE can claim honestly that UH ever “almost joined” the SEC.

Is there some part of that which is too difficult for you to understand? Pretty simple concept!

Just sayin’!

You are a troll enough already.
I clearly wrote that the sec was strong on U of H when Mr. Yeoman scheduled these games against sec foes. That is what got the sec interest and we proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that we belonged. Mr. Yeoman saw the SWC has our perfect conference landing place for obvious reasons. He was also good friend with his MCU located in Austin counterpart. Both were friends. Why would the sec lose face and give us an invite if they knew we did not want to join the sec? You do not know about the basics about business negotiations. You proved it in other thread and this one again.
You have no clues about UH history and clearly have no desire to even learn the basics. Maybe you know Illinois, your alma mater history better.

How do you figure that?

Playing us doesn’t mean that they were interested in having us join.

If the SEC were interested in UH…then why did the SEC straight up vote NO to UH in the 50s when UH itself was making a sales pitch to them? UH was playing SEC teams in those days, as well as in Yeoman’s time.

Sorry…but that dog doesn’t hunt.

It may bark…but it DOESN’T hunt.

I doubt anyone here really knows what was going on the 1950s. There was obviously some interest if we were only a single vote away though.

Not enough to get an invite.

As I said…without an invite…NOBODY can honestly/accurately claim that we EVER “almost joined the SEC.”

Likewise…we were NEVER “vetted” by the B1G, and NEVER were “negotiating” to join the PAC.

Sounds like it was seriously considered in the way past a couple of times.
We do need to remember the SEC was still facing north east basis back in the day. Nobody was talking P2. The PAC was considered the bigger brand conference than SEC

Seriously considered and “almost joined” aren’t the same.

NO ONE can honestly say that we “almost joined” the SEC when ever never received an invite…EVEN WHEN WE PUSHED FOR ONE.

I thought you said we were one vote short

Law you know they don’t invite unless they know you’re going to accept.

We were, reportedly.

But no invite.

I won’t say that we ever “almost” joined the SEC if no invite was ever issued.

So the Big12 was never interested until we got the invite? Flawed logic