Cinci had 30 yards rushing on 25 attempts

That’s called “lights out” defense…

We had 180 yards rushing.

1 Like

Amazing defensive performance. Doesn’t get any better than that.

I watched Tubberville’s presser. He points to our run defense as to why they lost the game.Said 1) if you can’t run the ball, you can’t win, and 2) if you lose the time of possession game 20 mins to 40 mins, you’re going to lose the game.

That safety by our defense in the third quarter really took the air out of UC. To their credit there was no quit in them, but I knew at that point our defense would make up for the struggles of our offense.

I still can’t believe they tried to run it out of the end zone. They had so many no-gain and negative yardage runs, why in the world do you try to run right there? Glad they did though.

2 Likes

Because old school football traditions say to do that. Though it was probably as likely for us to get a sack anyway or a pick 6 anyway.

Also may have been the sack right before it. Moore was getting pounded and they didn’t want to risk the safety. Backfired on them.

This year anyone playing us and snapping the ball on the one would would need ruby slippers to get out of it.

Hindsight is certainly 20/20, but I think I would have drawn up a 1 step drop quick slant there.