Cincy vs SMU Who do you want to win? / Game thread

I want the AAC Championship at TDECU on November 4th.

Go SMU!!!

4 Likes

Al I care is that we win. Everything else is out of our control.
Do you remember when we were undefeated and a so called coach was on his way to atm? Will this happen to Cincinnati before they play us and are still undefeated? Their coach is a target to many schools.

I would love the game here but I think the only way we pass UTSA and SDSU is by beating an undefeated Cincy at their place.

All in for the Fiesta Bowl!

1 Like

I want UT-austin to lose.

Oh, is this the wrong thread for that?

Sorry, I still want UT-austin to lose.

7 Likes

FAIL

We should want the CCG right here in our stadium to reward our fans, players, and staff. Its financially beneficial and gives us an edge to win the conference.

Quit fantasizing about losing to Cincy and how it will help us. It won’t. The only thing that helps us is winning.

2 Likes

I want to beat an undefeated Cincy team on their home field to knock them out of a probable playoff spot, and send us to a NY6 bowl, where we kick the total crap out of some excuse making P5 team that claims they weren’t motivated because of being cheated out of a playoff spot.

1 Like

Yeah, and you never sacrifice pieces in chess.

Lol.

This depraved fantasy about somehow winning by losing.

I do not care about Cincy. Never will. I just want to win all of our games.

When we put that conference championship banner over the stadium no one will remember where either of us were ranked.

1 Like

Here’s the million dollar question.

Do we jump Cinci if we beat them?

17 to 2 i can’t imagine them falling that much.

I root for DALLAS today…ugh. makes me sick to say that!

Go Bearcats. I’d like the Coogs to face an undefeated foe in the championship.

No. We don’t jump them

So no NY6

I think thats the highest g5 champ

You want possible CFP #21 Houston (11-1) @ CFP #5 Cincinnati (12-0) for the AAC Championship. If UH beats Cincinnati, UH will jump all other ranked G5 teams and be the highest ranked G5 Champion. This will probably send UH to the Fiesta Bowl. If Cincinnati loses in the last 2 games, chances are UTSA or San Diego State will take up that NY6 bowl spot and UH will host and win the AAC title only to play in some random bowl game. In a worse case scenario where undefeated Cincinnati beats UH, there’s a good chance they make the CFP, thus legitimizing the New Big 12, removing any future concerns of the Big 12 champion being left out of the CFP. Let’s hope for 11-1 UH @ 12-0 Cincinnati, win the AAC Championship and win the NY6 bowl.

1 Like

If we beat a 1-loss Cincy I think we jump everyone

But if we lose to Cincy (here or there) we play in some “random bowl game” anyway. So there’s no downside. Only upside for Coogs. Go Ponies.

1 Like

I think beating an undefeated Cincy gets us a NY6 Fiesta Bowl.

Beating a 1-loss Cincy gets us an ok/random bowl.

Put me down for wanting the Fiesta Bowl.

2 Likes

There is a downside if Cincinnati loses, UH hosts the AAC title game, wins and is sitting at 12-1 AAC Champions but has to play at a random bowl game and watch UTSA/San Diego State play in a NY6.

If UH loses to Cincinnati, then UH doesn’t deserve to play in a NY6. I’m hoping the Committee ranks UH higher in this weeks ranking. #19 San Diego State edged out 2-9 UNLV 28-20 and #22 UTSA beat 5-6 Memphis 31-28 while UH beat Memphis 31-13.

Beating an undefeated Cincinnati is the only way we get respect.

2 Likes