Cincy vs SMU Who do you want to win? / Game thread

Nippert Stadium will be SRO for the AAC CCG. If the game is at night, it will be a loud and energized crowd. Cincy fans turnout.

Well then lets hope sand diego and UTSA lose. Then we can root for cincy to lose so we can host the championship game.

1 Like

I want Cinci to lose at least one game. So, the sooner it is, the better. Let it be then against SMU.
We want home-field advantage in the CCG.

1 Like

Keep in mind there’s no guarantee we beat Cincy here. Much less there. They are a better team than us.

We’d need our best

3 Likes

CCG @ Cincy, the game will be a media circus with the playoff implications. 3 hour national commercial for both teams and the new big 12. Holgy will have them laser focused, all the pressure on Cincy.

3 Likes

AAC CCG is a 3pm time slot.

1 Like

If we go 12-1 and beat a 1-loss Cincy we’d jump sdsu like freakin Carl Lewis.

3 Likes

AAC Championship time slot is listed at 3pm

1 Like

11AM kickoff is good. Fans won’t be so liqoured up that early.

I would think that UH fans should be looking forward to an opportunity for UH to be playing annually in some “random” bowl game.

1 Like

3pm is correct

I think 11am is reserved for CUSA CCG. At least I think it was when we were in CUSA. I kinda blocked that whole thing out of memory after 2011.

P.S. sell the damn land!

3 Likes

By far what is best for UH is to beat an undefeated Cincy in their Stadium.

That could put UH in the driver’s seat for The Fiesta Bowl.

1 Like

I agree, the best thing for UH is to beat an undefeated Cincy at home. This is a tough one for me. As of right now, I lean towards having the CCG here in Houston. I think having the game here would help with our chances of winning the AAC. I think we would have a better shot. Also however, for the future of the new Big 12, wouldn’t we want Cincy to go to the college playoffs? Not looking at it as a UH standpoint, but as a new Big 12 standpoint? I feel split down the middle here.

But, as a fanbase, we can all be proud that we are even playing Cincy this year esp. after the first game. This team has come a long way this season. UH has done all they can and now it is out of their hands and the chips will fall wherever they may fall. Of course, we had 1000000% better as heck beat UCONN next week. I can’t imagine losing to them again.

Funk, I think our only shot at Fiesta Bowl is for us to win at Cincy…. That puts us in front of UTSA and SDSU( btw, the ranking the Aztecs have is a complete joke—look at their schedule and how close their games are against crap competition)

Anyway, If we beat Cincy at home I am not sure it pushes us past UTSA….and I think it would suck for a 12-1 UH team to have to play in the Fenway Bowl against Boston College or Birmingham Bowl against a 7th place SEC team….
We beat a one loss Cincy team in Houston that is great we are AAC champs, but most likely playing in lesser Bowl…

I know? Think you misread it

The best situation is @ undefeated Cincinnati, and the game goes to overtime. If we win we get a NY6 bowl, but beating us would be the credit they need to go to the playoff, which reflects well on us.

But then you have to actually go to Cincinnati. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

SELL IT YOU _______MAGGOTS!!!

Lol

2 Likes