Clayton Tune

Since 2001. Ware played in the late 1980s.

1 Like

Would Jason McKinley be 5th?

McKinley is among my favorite QBs of all-time. Unfortunately, he played in the pro-set of Helton. If he had played in the R&S, he might have finished #2 in passing and/or total offense.

Id take King over Tune as well. More dynamic as a dual threat. Especially with the mediocre Oline we have. He would be a RPO nightmare if gameplanned right with our RBs and tank

1 Like

Nick Eddy. The peoples champ. He holds at least one record. Made you feel like you could play qb as well.

1 Like

I have Kolb just slightly ahead of Tune since Kolb’s senior year was ridiculous and maybe slightly better than Tune’s junior year.

But I don’t buy this surrounding talent level argument at all. There was a lot of talent on those Briles’ teams both from Briles and what Dimel left him.

Look at 2006. On offense we had Battle, Quick, Avery, Harvey, Ealy, Marshall, and Hafner at the skill positions. On the oline we had guys like Doty, Akeroyd, and Dickinson. D was solid with guys like Gulley, Gaston, and Hunt.

Kolb gets the major benefit of lower expectations and more patience back then. Current Coogfans climate would have fully turned on him after his sophomore regression.

4 Likes

I can say that nostalgia build better memories. I also will say that the CUSA schedule of 2003 and 2004 was better than the current AAC schedule we have (since we never play cinci or ucf).

There was talent on the 2006. I think Kolb was the only one drafted. I know battle and edwards played in the league. But defensively, compared to last years talent 2006 was a far cry.

Still, tune has put up great numbers, but King and Kolb have conference championships, Keenum has every record in the universe and tune has neither of those. So my edge goes to Kolb because of that championship.

King won a conference championship?

I know Ward did in 2015…

Kolb never beat a ranked team though.

I noticed that our Coogs have a great track record with QBs whose last names end with K or W.

1 Like

Just don’t add an O before that K…

3 Likes

I’m hoping we can beat ECU so we can have a decent crowd vs ECU. I’ll be there regardless but it would be nice to have 20k there.

1 Like