Clemson just got in the game - Files Suit against ACC over GOR

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Pickens/PublicIndex/PIImageDisplay.aspx?ctagency=39002&doctype=D&docid=1710857683689-904&HKey=667489107117108103658848118665252837911910412012298107118835370551161098567100474889668984741061204977

Filed in Pickens County South Carolina against the ACC. Clemson is using Nelson Mullins, a big white shoe law firm in the Carolinas (I believe they were founded in Charleston), so this is no joke.

I have not read the filing yet, but wanted to post it.

So it begins.

7 Likes

https://x.com/chrisvannini/status/1770115657310384446?s=46&t=QaTBQ_PFQ7gLVOFwqBKG5Q

2 Likes

I was pretty certain zero teams would be able to get out of the ACC, but that media extension provision sorta changes everything honestly

Now if these schools actually win this lawsuit is a different story

Well Flugaur was right again he said fireworks were coming about this time in March

7 Likes

I guess UNC is next.

Im sure Pitt, Louisville and Miami are already on the phone with the Big 12.

10 Likes

Probably been on the phone with the BIG for two years.

1 Like

VT, NCST as well

NC State is most likely going to attempt to take it to court that they’re in the same conference as UNC

I was all about UNC to the B1G at first, but now that UT is in the SEC, academic prestige should no longer be a concern for anyone

lol the ACC clown show continues! It’s hilarious!

Maybe. I still think they prefer the BIG; they don’t really have anything in common with the SEC academically or culturally. Now they don’t really have much in common with the BIG either, but they probably want to.

None of this may happen, but it is fun to speculate.

UNC and UT are roughly equal in terms of academic prestige

If UT wasn’t in the SEC, then I would agree that UNC would be gunning for the B1G

Stanford right now

6 Likes

Don’t disagree. I just know that UNC people don’t see themselves as an SEC school. Nonetheless, they may not have a choice.

FSU and Clemson do not file to leave without having an outlet…
I have written it for months.
Imploding the acc is good to whom?
or
Who has the media rights to the acc?
espn
It will be indeed one less mouth to feed. This gives more money for espn to redistribute.
Friends

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

Stanford, Cal and SMU be like:

Celebrity gif. Comedian Steve Harvey stares in blank-faced shock with his mouth agape.

10 Likes

If it’s just FSU, Clemson and UNC, the ACC will be fine

The ACC is getting hit from both sides.

But if it is those three plus UVA (which has been widely rumored)……then hang on to your seats!!!

1 Like

Brett McMurphy just tweeted the following:

“Who knew suing the ACC would be the real March Madness?”

8 Likes