Coach Herman on Dan Patrick Show

So what’s the timetable on P5 or sayonara? B12 next week? End of season?
Seems like UT would be happy to exclude us if it meant making him available for them, Baylor or anyone but us.
Alternatively, does that mean he will stay with us if we do get P5?

So again, our future lies in things we cannot control…What a bunch of BS!!!

That list I made was for all 4 things happening. In other words, things like selling out every game even though we know there is less than a 1% chance we still make the playoffs would be huge.

Not selling out a few games in the middle of last season was definitely a pet peeve for Herman. I think we could still sellout the game with a walkup crowd. The next two games will definitely depend on the weather.

As far as the glass ceiling comment. I consider it meaning it’s breakable but needs help. So if Herman feels like he has worked his ass off and things haven’t improved from last year to this year, it wouldn’t be wrong for him to take a big pay raise somewhere else.

The other thing people have to consider is how much Herman appreciates his assistants. If more assistants keep getting offers he can’t afford to match, he might worry that he could struggle next season and lose the offers he passed on.

Just a thought that’s been rolling around in my head…Dennis Francione coached TCU from '98-'00 and quickly turned around a bad program in 3 years before heading off to Alabama. When he left, many at TCU were worried about whether they’d be able to maintain their success. TCU ended up hiring Francione’s well-travelled DC, Gary Patterson, to his 1st head coaching job and the rest is history.

Herman/Francione and Orlando/Patterson aren’t too similar other than filling similar positions in this analogy. Point is, if CTH leaves, don’t assume that the sky is falling. UH is in a better place now than before CTH arrived and the current admin will make sure that winning culture continues.

1 Like