Coley to the portal

5 Likes

Welcome to start a new thread, but i already had put it under UH Football for 2024. So thrre wouldn’t be separate thread for ea Athlete that enters the TP. There will be many I’m sure.

Again, no matter to me, but may be easier to comment or give feedback under 1 Thread.

1 Like

No shock.

I didn’t figure he’d ever see the playing field here.

I think he has a lot of talent and I don’t think he got a fair shot last year vs. Smith.

Wish him well.

7 Likes

I think Ale was ahead of him in the depth chart too.

I think he got his fair shot…and couldn’t even remain the backup.

And now with Criss, he may be ever further down the depth chart.

It is what it is.

Coley got the 2nd most reps in the game which places him 3rd on the depth chart. If he wants to play, he has to move on and, perhaps, down to a lower level.

5 Likes

Yeah. I think he’ll most likely got to a I-FCS school.

New thread is better… not everybody is looking at every post in every thread, or would expect to see TP news in a 2024 season thread. Good for us who skim a little more to see it separate. If anyone really needs their scoop props they can jump on the thread and explain they scooped (I guess)

4 Likes

I feel like UTSA would be a great landing spot. Thats his Hometown, too.

Hope things work out for him.

4 Likes

Sounds good enough for me. How can i say No to that nice detailed response.

I’m sure we all have our own way to navigate through the Forum to get info in best way possible.

Actually, Texas State is desperate for QBs right now.

That’s actually a really good place for him to go, too.

And he’d likely get to start there. Also, I lowkey really like TxSt’s logo, so I kinda root for them on that alone lol.

1 Like

Don’t get the satisfaction one derives from ragging on Coley.

The QB room is crowded right now. He has a solid reason to transfer and play immediately.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that I’m “raggin’” on him.

But I never thought he had much of a chance to get significant playing time here.

I think i counted 7 qbs.

He always seemed super positive and hyped on the sidelines. I hope he finds a good landing spot with a chance to start.

12 Likes

You’re assuming we had competent QB evaluation last year … I don’t make that assumption.

4 Likes

If Smith is likewise the starter this year (and all signs are pointing in that direction), then I would certainly make no assumption to the contrary.

The truth is, Smith was an experienced P5 starter, and Coley was a QB at a small private HS who hadn’t even seen the I-FBS playing field.

There was never much doubt in my mind who would win that battle for the 1st string.

Coley is the first UH QB in the TP this year. Who is #2? Some good talent will be available.