College Basketball Gameday?

Anyone think it could be possible to host one of those? 2 saturday games left against USF and then UCF. Would be awsome! Not sure if it works the same way as football.

2 Likes

If we keep winning it pausible.

2 Likes

Would that be the first time ever? For gameday to come to uh for bb

2 Likes

t [quote=“COUGAR2019, post:3, topic:17370, full:true”]
Would that be the first time ever? For gameday to come to uh for bb
[/quote]

It would be for sure! But looking back on history it always seems to be powerhouse teams.

We are a powerhouse team waking up from a long nap. Time to make our rightful place in history!

1 Like

They may do it next year if we go far in the tournament this year and are doing well next year.

2 Likes

If it happens, we need to keep winning and best chance is Feb 23 vs. USF. Mar 2 is UK @ Tenn. I’m sure Gameday will be in Knoxville if UT keeps it up.

1 Like

Looking at that day, here would be the competition. It would be tough unless a lot breaks our way.

#1 Tennessee at #19 LSU
#4 Virginia at #16 Louisville
#27 Auburn at #5 Kentucky
#17 Florida State at #8 UNC
#14 Kansas at #15 Texas Tech

1 Like

Yeah. It hasn’t been around as long as the football version. Probably been around for 10 years.

Having a new arena to go with the nation’s best home winning streak… And a top 10 ranking since the Phi Slama Jama Days… There is a chance.

1 Like

I think it works better for Houston football since the football fans love to show up early and tailgate. The live audience is guaranteed. I think if we hosted a 10am Game Day in FC for a 3pm Saturday game, the show out would be rather unamazing. I’d leave it for schools that tailgate and show up early to basketball games. Not ones that are still parking their car at tip off.

1 Like

I think UH fans can fill the requisite one side only. Then go eat and then come back for the game. Don’t under estimate our fan base. It’s growing and the hype around campus would help.

From what I have seen, they break back to the Game Day team at half time of the 11am game, at the end of the first game, halftime of the 1pm and so on. They might pull it off for a 3pm game against UCF to show up 5 hours early (I doubt it) but no way they could for a 5pm game against USF. If the Cincy game has been at 3pm on a Saturday, that would have been our best shot. If it’s announced, I’ll support it 100%. Just don’t think Houston pursues a Game Day.

1 Like

Possibly in Cinci for the rematch.

4 Likes

It’s not nearly as fun to host the hoops version compared to football. It’s only an hour show for hoops.

I still think Reliant should have gotten the nod for the OU game.

1 Like

I totally see your point…would be cool to showcase our program and new arena on that stage though.

1 Like

Whats the point. We’re trying to show out the Fertitta Center.